Beer Festival

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Huntersboyz

Re: Beer Festival

Post by Huntersboyz »

This is a cock up of biblical proportions, can you believe a football club holding a beer festival, during a world cup, when England are playing, and NOT SHOWING THE GAME

Im flabergasted............this takes ineptitude to a new level
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Nothing can be done though, it's all kind of ironic I guess, the club does it to make money, yet it doesnt have enough money to show the game which will make the money :(
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I'm sure most that went to other places to watch the game now wished they'd just come to NP for the beer and forgot about the football! :(
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

The most appropriately named Beer at the Festival after the most recent performance...

Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I should imagine that anyone who went to the Beer Festival last evening had a great time sampling all the brews on offer and not having to put up with that c**p transmitted from Cape Town. :D
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

What was the turnout like?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

BartonRaz wrote:What was the turnout like?
Not too bad, but we could do with more as always. Fun night with Dr Busker and the Pirates.

Local band Anyone Out There playing tonight - from 8pm til 11-30pm tonight, Cloverdale also doing Hog Roast as well to go with the beer.

Lots of great beers (and a few ciders) to try out, either tonight, or tomorrow afternoon (1pm-5pm)
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

The turnout was very disappointing last night, I was a little bit merry by the end of the night so my addition skills might not have been too good, but I would say there were no more than 30 people there - I just hope I wasn't seeing double!

There are some special offers on this afternoon (presumably they still have loads of beer left due to the poor turnout), so if you bring some empty containers along they will fill them up at a discount price.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

davealbon wrote:The turnout was very disappointing last night, I was a little bit merry by the end of the night so my addition skills might not have been too good, but I would say there were no more than 30 people there - I just hope I wasn't seeing double!

There are some special offers on this afternoon (presumably they still have loads of beer left due to the poor turnout), so if you bring some empty containers along they will fill them up at a discount price.
Yes - I would say that was about right, a disappointing turnout.

The Beer Festival is opening a little earlier today - Midday (til 5pm), and will catch the end of the Car Boot as well. Still plenty of nice beers to be had as seen below.

And from the other side ;-)

Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Dazzler wrote:
....... a disappointing turnout.
How well was the Festival promoted in the wider non-footballing community? Did the Club enlist the local Northampton branch of CAMRA to promote or was it a case that the powers that be decided that it was simply enough to list on the Official web-site?

I know, from experience, that a well advertised beer festival is generally a success.

Perhaps this aspect ought to be looked at more closely if the Club decide to promote another one in the future.