Parking??

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
arealdiamondgeezer

Parking??

Post by arealdiamondgeezer »

im sorry if this has been mentioned already but the last 2 homes games we have had to pay 3 pound to park in the front car park is this going to be regular thing or was it just for the orange t@ats and poxford only ???
"When I whet my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgment, I shall take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me"
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Parking??

Post by Trek »

There has been a charge to park your car within the Diamonds complex ever since Max ended his financial support of the Club.
arealdiamondgeezer

Post by arealdiamondgeezer »

i mean the park by the brigde on the A6 ive never payed to park there till these to last game strange one but ive been coming there for over 10 years and havent been charged to park there
"When I whet my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgment, I shall take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me"
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

I have parked there for every home game and they have only asked for money for the luton and oxford game. So I think its just cashing in on the big games
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

We parked there against Luton and weren't charged :roll: :D

I've never been charged parking there once, and I've been parking there for 12 years!
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

arealdiamondgeezer wrote:I mean the park by the bridge on the A6
Sorry, I thought you were referring to the Diamonds car park adjacent to the A6.
Harry

Post by Harry »

It's understandable that the club would want to cash in on this.

£3 is a small amount to an individual, especially if there are a few people in the car chipping in, but could add a nice bit of income to the club.
Diamond down South.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

I didn't think this was club land???? If you're paying to park there I wouldn't have thought it went to the club, unless they have some kind of arrangement with the firms adjacent to the club land????
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
supersub

Post by supersub »

So who was collecting the 3quids?!!! No-one was about at the end of the game to see we got out ok, so they didn't earn their dosh. Interesting.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I got the impression that it was the ones who own the car park who are charging for us to park there, doubt the club would get the money, but would be a nice earner if they did.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73