[ CLUB STATEMENT ] UPDATE & EGM Wednesday November 2nd 7:30pm HAYDEN RD

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Re: [ CLUB STATEMENT ] UPDATE & EGM Wednesday November 2nd

Post by fentiger79 »

I agree that things need to be done correctly but the appointment has been the nuclear launch of all that’s going on now. If the rumours I’m hearing are true that there were other candidates interviewed and they were bypassed it’s a block that needs removing. I don’t think it’s underhand, plenty of people have openly stated their opinions and I’m gauging this at around 90% so it is important.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

fentiger79 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:45 pm I agree that things need to be done correctly but the appointment has been the nuclear launch of all that’s going on now. If the rumours I’m hearing are true that there were other candidates interviewed and they were bypassed it’s a block that needs removing. I don’t think it’s underhand, plenty of people have openly stated their opinions and I’m gauging this at around 90% so it is important.
Firstly, get your membership sorted so you can read the members forum, then (secondly) you can read for yourself the procedure that led to the appointment of the current manager. Other candidates interviewed were not "bypassed", in any other than a democratic way. It isn't perfect, but it's ours AND it may transpire to be the correct decision ultimately, but only the EGM will answer that for me. There seem to be lessons to learn, so let's just admit, no one's perfect (not even Nigel :drinks: ). Let's get some facts and work with them.
Let's also be clear, Richard Maxwell (love or loathe him for whatever reason), is a club man through and through and deserves a fair hearing, let's not approach the opportunity with any axes to grind.
AFC R & D member number 34
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

Rest assured that my membership is being renewed as a matter of priority. Thanks for confirming that other managers were interviewed and that confirms what a shocking decision this has been. To give the job to someone with no experience in our situation is plain crazy, I can’t wait to hear the justification. And please do not use the phrase UEFA B in any attempt as that’s going to make it even worse. Knowing that other managers (and I expect we can probably guess who they were) have been overlooked is quite something.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Surely we should not be accepting any new or renewed memberships from the time the forthcoming EGM was announced until after the EGM. Unless of course you want Trump or Putin as manager
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

Why not?
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

I’m pretty sure my nearly 40 years following this team in its different forms shows that I am committed and not just someone to join to cause issues.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:08 pm Surely we should not be accepting any new or renewed memberships from the time the forthcoming EGM was announced until after the EGM. Unless of course you want Trump or Putin as manager
Trump or Putin would both probably be in with a shout as they too don't have experience of non league step 3, 4, 5 or 6!
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Hypothetically any person or persons with a vested interest could join now and skew any voting. If I were say a K*ttering supporter I could register any number of my mates to join and vote for Richard to stay as manager or even vote that the entire Board resign. I think you will find that what I suggested is standard practise in these circumstances.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:36 pm Hypothetically any person or persons with a vested interest could join now and skew any voting. If I were say a K*ttering supporter I could register any number of my mates to join and vote for Richard to stay as manager or even vote that the entire Board resign. I think you will find that what I suggested is standard practise in these circumstances.
I agree with you.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 45 times

Post by gibston »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:08 pm Surely we should not be accepting any new or renewed memberships from the time the forthcoming EGM was announced until after the EGM. Unless of course you want Trump or Putin as manager

Stop being ridiculous. People can RENEW when it's convenient for them. Like we've taken membership renewals on the night of previous fan forums!! If that's the case I'm hoping for refund on my season