Lost [ Sun 4th Sep ] v Enfield FC, KO 1pm FAC1RQ AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sun 4th Sep ] v Enfield FC, KO 1pm FAC1RQ AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Facing a team two divisions below us on Sunday and I don't think there's anybody who thinks we're going to win the match. I don't ever remember confidence in the team ever being this low. Possibly the worst I've known since the Ernie tippett era. I would actually be happy with a draw and take them back to Hayden road for a replay. Hopefully enough fans will make the journey and get behind the lads!
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

Any chance of a signing? It has been WEEKS since it was first talked about needing a more senior striker but we’ve heard nothing.

Where are the senior players we were told we also needed. It feels like we’re not even looking as yet again just like pre season we are quiet as a mouse. The last number of interviews, the questions about adding players have stopped, why?

The clubs in trouble above us have all done something to try and fix their issues. Stour making signings, Ilkeston making signings and Hednesford are making signings and changing management.

We are in dire straits, confidence looks to be at a low from management to players. I don’t want to hear about waiting until 10 games in to review, what’s going to drastically change? We know the problem, fix it now. I’d rather not wait and see how many points we are adrift and potentially be out of the fa cup…
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

I agree it’s a real shame we haven’t got anyone in this week.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:04 pm Facing a team two divisions below us on Sunday and I don't think there's anybody who thinks we're going to win the match. I don't ever remember confidence in the team ever being this low. Possibly the worst I've known since the Ernie tippett era. I would actually be happy with a draw and take them back to Hayden road for a replay. Hopefully enough fans will make the journey and get behind the lads!
Agreed, would be okay with a replay, but to lose this game would be unacceptable, we need to get through and have something to give us a lift otherwise more and more fans will get on Burge and the team's back.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Ricky330
Has Liked: 307 times
Been Liked: 23 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Anybody else find the fact that Burge didn't face the camera for latest interview a little odd? 🤔
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Ricky330 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:52 pm Anybody else find the fact that Burge didn't face the camera for latest interview a little odd? 🤔
Joseph was sitting on the bench to the left.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Ricky330 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:52 pm Anybody else find the fact that Burge didn't face the camera for latest interview a little odd? 🤔
FFS, you're scraping the barrel for things to complain about now.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297