[ Sat 20th Aug ] U23s v Woodford Utd, KO 2:30pm NCLP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 20th Aug ] U23s v Woodford Utd, KO 2:30pm NCLP AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Sat 20th Aug ] U23s v Woodford Utd, KO 2:30pm NCLP AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

FA Full time info for the Northants Combination league here

https://fulltime.thefa.com/index.html?league=1141733
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Tideishigh

Post by Tideishigh »

It’s great that the 23s have entered mens football & a tough league in which it will test the young players but for me the head coach should not just be talking about developing players he should be drilling in a winning mentality as if & when they get called up to 1st team they have that mentality as at 1st team level the game is about results & not a pat on the back well done & we can review what went wrong when we lose & if it happens again next week the same will apply.Maybe that’s why we haven’t had as many academy players coming through with a winning mentality.Going be going along when I can’t travel to away games with 1st & looking forward to seeing some good games
Andrew
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Andrew »

Tideishigh wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:26 pm It’s great that the 23s have entered mens football & a tough league in which it will test the young players but for me the head coach should not just be talking about developing players he should be drilling in a winning mentality as if & when they get called up to 1st team they have that mentality as at 1st team level the game is about results & not a pat on the back well done & we can review what went wrong when we lose & if it happens again next week the same will apply.Maybe that’s why we haven’t had as many academy players coming through with a winning mentality.Going be going along when I can’t travel to away games with 1st & looking forward to seeing some good games
I’d like these lads to now develop that winning mentality. I think they can learn from mistakes, we all do. But more into mens football It’s about 3 points on a Saturday as opposed to youth football where development takes a higher degree of importance. I’d agree then that when and if they step up to 1st team they’re already developing or hopefully developed that winning mentality. Good luck to them but for me mentality needs a bit more toward winning and mens football Not youth football anymore and that starts from the top all the way through.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

If my suspicions are correct, it might be best for you both to move on now and focus your attentions elsewhere. ;)
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Today's match - Saturday 20th @ Woodford Utd
Andrew
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Andrew »

Mad Dog wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:45 am If my suspicions are correct, it might be best for you both to move on now and focus your attentions elsewhere. ;)
Sorry, I don’t understand this. I’m a supporter of the club and am making no secret of who I am. I’m expressing an opinion which I thought this was all about. I wished them luck and hope they do well. In my opinion I just think these lads now need to change their mindset from youth football to mens football.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

As I said, you need to focus your attentions elsewhere now. ;)
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »