[ Sat 26th Feb ] v Hednesford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 158 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Re: [ Sat 26th Feb ] v Hednesford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by diamondsteve »

discodunk wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:12 pm
diamondsteve wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:44 pm How was Shane Bush? Do we need another striker?
as dave did, i'll answer the secound question,,,,yes indeed we need another striker asap,,,,,,tom lorraine anyone?? tried and tested,,,i'll echo that two others were poor today,and have been the last couple of games
3 points :good: performance :thumbdown:
Not what I wanted to hear. But he did come from bottom club Biggleswade…. A loan player would be a good option now then to see us through to summer.

Some decent games coming up for us
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 64 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

To be fair we did not sign Bush to be a striker. He is best as a defensive midfield player, but circumstances forced him upfront today. I think Will will get the nod on Tuesday. Before Peaks left he had a player lined up to replace Ravi so that may still happen
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Wobbly Wardley
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Wobbly Wardley »

Nice to see Shane Bush got a warm welcome! Come on guys and girls give the lad a chance! When was the last time he played upfront? As I’m sure he’s being playing centre half or holding midfield this season. Well done to Andy and all the lads on the 3 points after a mad couple of weeks!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

It's a win, and the new gaffer would have seen the issues. Losing Ty was a biggie as he fitted our system so well. For me, when it ain't happening we need to be positive and change it, AB did that early enough for the lads to find the win. Maybe the wingers could have swapped sides sooner?
Midfield didn't quite get going yesterday, although there were flashes of life, but sometimes we made a wrong decision - maybe a touch of nerves?
Let's see what AB thinks and what players he can attract.
AFC R & D member number 34
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

3 points is all that matters from now till April. Not the best game but we kept going and nicked the goal from a one of the few good corners!
As others have said we need a striker, Bush didn’t look up to it yesterday - he may need time to adjust to playing up too again but we sadly don’t have time to give him at this point in the season.
Defence was solid and overall got the result and Burg would have learnt a lot.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match Highlights from AFCRDTV

Bolts1988
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Bolts1988 »

OK Shane Bush wasn't great yesterday in that role but he wasn't brought in to play there so let's not criticism or slate him, maybe its too soon for Tuesday game but I'm sure Burge will look to bring in players in the attacking area as that's where we are light.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 64 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I would expect Burge to be looking around for a striker but we should be OK for next two game. Then we have 10 day break to finalise a deal and give him training time with new mates. Its probably too late now to get Smith back on board and up to speed but I have always had faith in Will Jones.