[ Sat 4th Sep ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm FAC1Q AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Re: [ Sat 4th Sep ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm FAC1Q AWAY

Post by Brownie »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:21 pm
nsman wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:10 am Watched the game unfold in horror yesterday. Time and again, our full backs were mostly AWOL upfield leaving our two (let's be honest) fairly immobile centre backs exposed to channel runs from very good opposition strikers. At no point in the entire game did our coaching team manage to get the full backs to stay in position in our half. Bear in mind that we were playing 5 midfielders and one striker so there was really no need for the full backs to go over the half way line so much. Was this a tactics/coaching failure or are these full backs that bad? Either way its not looking good for the next few games unless we get back to defensive basics.
I didn’t go to any of the pre season games, and I hate to be negative, Garwood apparently impressed during pre season, but the games I’ve been to I’ve failed to see anything to back that up.

Where on earth is Jacko? IMO he’s a player we massively miss, along with Sam.
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:21 pm
nsman wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:10 am Watched the game unfold in horror yesterday. Time and again, our full backs were mostly AWOL upfield leaving our two (let's be honest) fairly immobile centre backs exposed to channel runs from very good opposition strikers. At no point in the entire game did our coaching team manage to get the full backs to stay in position in our half. Bear in mind that we were playing 5 midfielders and one striker so there was really no need for the full backs to go over the half way line so much. Was this a tactics/coaching failure or are these full backs that bad? Either way its not looking good for the next few games unless we get back to defensive basics.
I didn’t go to any of the pre season games, and I hate to be negative, Garwood apparently impressed during pre season, but the games I’ve been to I’ve failed to see anything to back that up.

Where on earth is Jacko? IMO he’s a player we massively miss, along with Sam.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Jacko is at Welly. I don't think he is up to Step 3 nowadays. He struggled in some games of what we had last year. He had Step 4 offers but prefers playing for Lambie.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:44 pm Jacko is at Welly. I don't think he is up to Step 3 nowadays. He struggled in some games of what we had last year. He had Step 4 offers but prefers playing for Lambie.
I was looking for Wellingborough’s line ups on the fa full time website, glad we don’t feature on that anymore as it’s terrible. Half the fixtures don’t have line-ups, and the ones that do, I can’t see Jack on the team sheet.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:16 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:44 pm Jacko is at Welly. I don't think he is up to Step 3 nowadays. He struggled in some games of what we had last year. He had Step 4 offers but prefers playing for Lambie.
I was looking for Wellingborough’s line ups on the fa full time website, glad we don’t feature on that anymore as it’s terrible. Half the fixtures don’t have line-ups, and the ones that do, I can’t see Jack on the team sheet.
Most league (PDS) Premier Division South - UCL matches seem to have details for for both sides - sometimes they lag a bit being completed soon after matches. Other competitions and friendlies not so much.

https://fulltime.thefa.com/displayTeam. ... 5810#tab-1

Jack Ashton isn't one of the registered players on full time for WTFC though anyway.

FA Full-Time Players - WTFC