SAT 16th: Raunds Town FC from 10am(trials), 12pm Fans Mtg!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: TODAY! Raunds Town FC from 10am(trials), 12pm Fans Meeting!

Post by Dazzler »

BartonRaz wrote:Any ideas as to how much was raised from shirt sales / raffles / general donations?
It was just under £500 from the combination of shirt donation, the raffle and general donations.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

That's great!

Just wanted to echo the thoughts of everyone else really. It was a good meeting and was again well attended. I think the right choices were made given the information that was presented to us.

I was all set to vote for Wellingborough Town though until the point was raised about their lack of facilities. Today was the first time I saw Raunds Town and I've got to say I think Wellingborough is a far better 'stadium', but with the added bonus of conferencing facilities and a decent bar, i think the decision became a no-brainer.

Was great to hear that we will be able to keep all gate receipts too. I think we should charge a quid or two more on the gate than the average UCL club in a years time to compensate for the lack of bar takings, but it seems we'll be able to vote on that in the future.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by StaceyH »

That's an amazing effort, well done everyone :)
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

i have been very impressed by all the hardwork that has been put in , within such a short space of time.What has been achieved and is in the pipe line has been nothing short of a miracle, my congratulations and thanks goes to all of you
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Well done to everyone today. :)

Hopefully there will be a meeting soon that I'm actually able to attend! haha
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

I have to say it was an absolute pleasure to attend the meeting today, I was very impressed with the organisation, the committee and the strength of feeling in the room.

I really believe that there is real determination among the committed fans to make this venture successful.

Moving to Raunds was a no-brainer, particularly looking at the facilities - we must think about the future. I know we all want to move back to Rushden in the future, we must accept that we may have to expand Kiln Park in the short term - and there is plenty of room for that.

It was a great turnout - must have been 200+, now if we can double that for UCL games we're going to be in business.

One thing needs to be done ASAP, though, is set up this one-share, one-vote scheme. We need funds rolling into the clubs - without some backing we're never going to get off the ground.

Like I said at the meeting, we really must keep the ball rolling for the next 12 months - we cannot let this go cold. We must have new ventures, stories coming out all the time, advertising, sponsorship to keep the interest up.

Well done everyone, but there's still a long way to go!
AFC R&D Member Number 444
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Re: SAT 16th: Raunds Town FC from 10am(trials), 12pm Fans Mtg!

Post by fentiger79 »

Well done to all for today, fantastic meeting. a couple of things that i have in mind

1 - Lets contact some of the premiership big guns to see if they would send their youth team down to play us as a launch of the new club. One thing that I am sure has not gone unnoticed around the country over the past few years is that our youth set up has been a great success and highlights how important this is for our future senior side. Peterborough have done very well from our youth products over the last 12 months so maybe they could pull a few strings with a certain team in Manchester that they have close ties with? Long shot but who knows.

2) Regarding sponsorship - I am sorry I can not remember the guys name from the meeting who is looking after this side of things (was it Dan?) but how about approaching the company Urban that have just moved into the big warehouses at the top of John Clarke way. I understand that they are a big American company who have moved their operation up here from London.
Chas

Post by Chas »

Regarding 1, we have something that we think will be very special lined up for the teams first game, we hope to finalise the details (now we have a ground!) and be in a position to announce something on this soon, but it's all a bit hush hush at the moment.

Regarding 2, that'll be Darren, he's a regular on here so I'm sure he'll pick that info up and look into it, thanks.
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Guys i'm currently working for Sportswear International...I could look into using my staff discount to get us a kit and maybe getting even more off it as i'm good friends with the owner of the company, how soon does stuff like that need to be done? I can look into it in a week and a halfs time, when he's back from his holiday...could be a help? somebody pm me for more info if you like

http://www.swi.co.uk/pu+teamwear+Introd ... +1&team=no
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I did see during the presentation a set of email addresses, one for each of the acting committee persons who had a "role" (eg, PR, websites, secretary etc). Is there any chance of either publishing them online or emailing those to us, so we can volunteer directly to that person please?

RTiD, I like the idea but the website links don't seem to work, For me I think it would be good to have a selection of shirts and get the fans to vote on the one they prefer. If not for the coming season then certainly for the next.
AFC R & D member number 34