Zamaretto Prem for Diamonds?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TimbersDiamond

Re: Zamaretto Prem for Diamonds?

Post by TimbersDiamond »

This is just wishful thinking but perhaps we could figure out how AFC Wimbledon run their club, hopefully we're not a phoenix club next year but with the right ownership I think we as fans could start putting this club back in a positive direction wherever we play, I'd like to help from afar if I could.
member #261
rdfcbrownie-az-o-c

Post by rdfcbrownie-az-o-c »

I really hope we stay Rushden & Diamonds and am looking forward to hopefully clinching this place in the zamaretto, and maybe we would bost the biggest attendance in that league
Rushden_RM

Post by Rushden_RM »

But if you look at Chester in potentially the same division we would be in, they are getting attendances of 2000 to 3000 a game. All it takes is hard work to really promote Rushden & Diamonds again and with the right backing who's to say we can't get that, there isn't a Premiership club near us so ultimately we have loads of people to aim for in terms of fans. KC could of made so much more off the land but has chose not to so i'm sure we would be compliant enough to negotiate with him in terms of rent.

With the right promotion of the club I think its a possibility to improve on attendance not to accept that people won't come.
Last edited by Rushden_RM on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

BartonRaz wrote:The statement on the official site says: ''second investors still wish to proceed but on reduced terms which will take a further week to complete''.
We don't have a week though! Surely they must know this?!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Do the Zamaretto Prem. have a rule where away fans must be charged the same as home fans? ;)
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

At least i'm not the only 1 looking forward to it IF we do get into the Zamaretto.... if we manage to get a fairly decent team together and get a few promotions in 2 years we could be back in the BSP...

Although maybe thats a BIT too optimistic.

:roll:
diamond mad

Post by diamond mad »

Personally I think tomorrows winding up orders may be adjourned for a week and then who knows what may happen with the Japanese.Although I struggle to believe they are happy to take over a club now no longer in the Conference and with debts the size of ours .

I certainly don't believe there are any grounds to win an appeal against expulsion from the Conference but what do I know.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

easystreet wrote:Is it £7 per match entry or something like that?

1000 people watching ( I think that is a maximum) = £7k per fortnight, which is £3500 per week.

Less team expenses, ground maintenence, rent, travel costs, insurance, officials.

As much as I would like to agree, playing at Nene Park is not possible on those basic figures.
You've missed out the 20% VAT that we have to hand over for VAT so your assessment looks even worse and I wouldn't expect that Under 8's, Under 16's and other concessions would be expected to pay the senior price. Unless parts of the stadium complex are mothballed and KC waives rent then clearly we would struggle to balance the books.
bedforddiamond

Post by bedforddiamond »

Bedford Town (Southern League Prem) charge £9 for adult admission so I would suggest that figure is the norm, however no club is ever going to survive on gates alone! If we do come out of this damn awful mess the only way forward is to 'sweat' the facilities and become a seven day a week operation. Rather than invest masses on the field, we need any 'spare cash' to employ personnel to go out and sell the facilities. Conferences, weddings etc... will raise far more money than gate admission, however I'm not sure how much goes to the club and how much goes to KC when events are held in the Diamond Centre.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

easystreet wrote:Is it £7 per match entry or something like that?
1000 people watching ( I think that is a maximum) = £7k per fortnight, which is £3500 per week.
Less team expenses, ground maintenence, rent, travel costs, insurance, officials.
As much as I would like to agree, playing at Nene Park is not possible on those basic figures.
You are correct, so we would have to have to change the terms of our lease to encompass our incomings and outgoings. At the end of the day, we shall be competing against teams in the same division with far less support, similar income and similar outgoings. What we must do is go back to basics. Hundreds of other clubs do it and survive, we must change our circumstances to do the same.
AFC R & D member number 34