Pay for Your Season Ticket by Credit card

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Pay for Your Season Ticket by Credit card

Post by STAGMAN »

Speaking to quite a few of you today made me realise that a lot of people are scared of buying their ticket in case the club did go into administration ( i honestly think we will be ok ) .But if you paid for your ticket by cedit card i presume it would be protected as you usually are when purchasing by card, but i do stand by to be corrected on this point.
SL12

Re: Pay for Your Season Ticket by Credit card

Post by SL12 »

I think if you are protected then a lot of people would buy a season ticket (me included)
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

STAGMAN's right:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentc ... /DG_196229
If something costs between £100 and £30,000, you can make a claim from your finance company for faults or if the trader goes out of business.

If something costs more than £30,000 and you bought it after 01 February 2011, you may be able to claim against your finance company.

If you paid for something using a Mastercard or Visa credit card, you also have the option of making a claim through their 'chargeback' scheme. For example you can make a claim from chargeback if there is a fault with something you bought that cost less than £100.

For advice about who to claim from, contact Consumer Direct, the government funded consumer advice service
Just need to check the rules and regs regarding debit cards for me (I will not get a credit card on principle).
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

If you pay for something using a credit agreement, credit card or Visa or Maestro debit card, you may have additional rights if:

•there’s a fault with the item or service
•the trader has gone out of business
If you paid for something costing between £100 and £30,000 using a credit card or credit agreement, you can make a claim from your finance company.

If you’ve paid using Visa, Mastercard or Maestro, you may be able to claim your money back through their ‘chargeback’ scheme. You will need to contact the card company to make a claim
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentc ... /DG_182935

That's me. Just need to clarify that further with Nationwide.
scot

Post by scot »

Not exactly the same thing i ordered a ticket for the Reading festival for my son last year using a credit card,the company went bust so no ticket !.I got the money back through the 'chargeback' scheme which was a relief. :)
AFC R&D Member 480
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

I think credit card receipts for season tickets may be held by the card companies and released on a monthly basis as the matches occur. This was certainly the case when the Trust took on the Club.

If this is correct purchasing by credit card may not benefit the immediate cash flow of the Club, but I stand to be corrected on this.
Hotspur

Post by Hotspur »

Hi all,

Stagman is correct.

There is protection but only when using a credit card as shown in the directgov info previously posted above.

Credit cards - Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 make the credit card company jointly liable if there is a problem with the goods or services provided. So, if you purchase a season ticket using a credit card and the club can't provide their part of the service then you can make a claim against the credit card company for any money lost. The credit card company, after investigation, should then refund all that you have lost.

Debit cards - there is no similar protection when paying by debit card however there is an agreement between some banks that if money is lost due to fraud, a businesses going bust or disappearing etc, then a charge back can be made. In this instance bank that issued the debit card asks the bank that has the money to return it back to them and then the customers account. I know that Visa did this but am not sure if Mastercard and others do the same. Some cards could have insurance included for purchases so it would be best to check with your bank first.

Hope that helps if you are sitting on the fence wondering if to buy a ticket or not.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No.326
therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

3% admin charge for credit cards.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

3% - cheap insurance then !! :D

Its a risk sure, but if you can afford to buy a season ticket and care about having a club to follow into the future, I guess its a leap of faith you have to make.

I know that I personally will lose out big time on having a season ticket - there is no way I'll go the season missing just 3 games, not with the work pattern I have, but I WILL be getting a season ticket for the first time in years and years. The reason? Because my club is suffering a financial crisis and it needs my support !!

Now I'm not made of money (far from it !!) and I can't afford to lose £300 if it were to go tits up, but I love my football and Rushden and Diamonds FC in particular, its a great little club.

I know times are hard, but I urge everyone who can to make the same leap of faith I am !! If we fail to, we will bring about the very thing we all fear. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand why people are loath to do so, I share their concerns. But strangling the club of the cash it appears to need at the moment will kill it for sure.

Come August I want to be looking forward to a new season with the same old (blind) optimism I do every other year........I don't want to be thinking "I'd have a club to follow this season if I'd only dipped my hand in my pocket and bought a season ticket" !!

Go on - you know it makes sense !! :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51