Lost [ Mon 21st Nov ] v Hitchin Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: [ Mon 21st Nov ] v Hitchin Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Three of Diamonds »

gibston wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:33 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:23 pm
The pressman wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:41 pm I will be very disappointed if Maxwell is still in charge at Rushall on Saturday but I'm not holding my breath!!
Who manages the team @ Rushall should that happen?
You Alex.

Guarantee it won't be any worse.
Guarantee interview will be better.
Guarantee you'll remember how the goals were conceded without watching it back.
Guarantee you have more experience at knowing the level.
Not possible, upcoming conflict of interests.
AFC R & D member number 34
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 158 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:23 pm
The pressman wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:41 pm I will be very disappointed if Maxwell is still in charge at Rushall on Saturday but I'm not holding my breath!!
Who manages the team @ Rushall should that happen?
Hicks & Bunga for two weeks .
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Unless you can bring in a manager with at least eight players then making a change now will see you in Step 6 at best rather than Step 4 next season.
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

The pressman wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:06 pm Certainly a lack of football knowledge from the 4 directors who selected Maxwell!!
To be honest the Boards track record on manager appointments has been bloody abysmal from day one. Gave Starms the job on sentiment because he did well with Under 18’s the previous season, Marks experience was in youth football and let’s be honest anything other than promotion in year one from UCL1 would have been a disaster and we only made it with 3? games to go. Much as I liked Starms he made the correct decision during the following season.
Peaksy wasn’t selected by the Board he was there and it was obvious natural progression, then followed 8 very successful years involving many players at the Club not for money, previous attachments, the Board but for what Andy had put together on a limited budget. Peaksy goes and the next 2 appointments have been at best a disaster!!
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Brownie wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:44 am
The pressman wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:06 pm Certainly a lack of football knowledge from the 4 directors who selected Maxwell!!
To be honest the Boards track record on manager appointments has been bloody abysmal from day one. Gave Starms the job on sentiment because he did well with Under 18’s the previous season, Marks experience was in youth football and let’s be honest anything other than promotion in year one from UCL1 would have been a disaster and we only made it with 3? games to go. Much as I liked Starms he made the correct decision during the following season.
Peaksy wasn’t selected by the Board he was there and it was obvious natural progression, then followed 8 very successful years involving many players at the Club not for money, previous attachments, the Board but for what Andy had put together on a limited budget. Peaksy goes and the next 2 appointments have been at best a disaster!!
Correct me if I’m wrong, but Peaksy was assistant manager to Starmer in our first season right from the get go?

He wasn’t recognised as the first team manager, but he was if that makes sense. At the time I thought Starmer was an odd choice to appoint as first team manager, but I trusted that the board made the best decision they could , but looking back now it showed they took the easy route.

Burge was purely a nostalgic appointment, and RM wormed his way in.
Last edited by AFCRD_Dan on Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
SouthRushdenJFC

Brownie wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:44 am Peaksy wasn’t selected by the Board
Going to have to disagree with you on that one
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:43 am
Get you point Dave but it was hardly a big nor difficult decision was it? As I said little more than obvious natural progression, unless of course at the time a Board member fancied the job which would have made it difficult 😂
SouthRushdenJFC

Brownie wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:01 am
SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:43 am
Get you point Dave but it was hardly a big nor difficult decision was it? As I said little more than obvious natural progression, unless of course at the time a Board member fancied the job which would have made it difficult 😂
It wasn't that difficult a decision, mainly due to Andy making it easy. My focus at the time was firmly on Little Diamonds :biggrin:
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

Brownie wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:44 am
We selected Starms on the back of the good work he had done for the U18s season, a fair thing to do at the time, it was right when he stepped down as he struggled with the mens game.
Peasky was interviewed along with 3 others and including two with greater nostalgic links to the old club than Peaksy and we felt Peaksy should get the job on the basis of the interviews, simple as that.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by Dowlo »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:06 am
Not possible, upcoming conflict of interests.
Didn't stop the current manager! :cheesy: