Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Re: Former Players

Post by Dowlo »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:45 pm It's been open season on this forum for quite a while for tin pottedness. I'm looking forward to seeing your application and profile for the vacancies on the board, you'd be awesome for the club.
We all moaned that Peaksy had limited contacts (myself included). We hoped Burgess would improve things (he didn't). Now our current manager is on a fans forum, taking suggstions from our fan base.

Here' s a few player that you may want to take a look a Richard. Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe and Wayne Rooney between 2004-10 I've heard they're all really good. Oh and an up coming Croatian striker called. Kanu Justpissrightoffski!

As for your comment about the current vacancies, perhaps I will apply last minute (after I pull out a prepared slide show and my CV). Then I can award myself a position I'm majorly under qualified for after being interviewed by myself. That's how it works right? Or do you just get a mate to rig the outcome for you?
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

richardmax wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:24 pm Great catch Recruitment Team :)
All leads welcome... will check last season and due diligence with analysis team.
I’m sure this is a wind up, otherwise I’m lost for words. Due diligence with the analysis team!!!!!
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

This really would be a turn up, if blaise punter does rejoin us!
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

Dowlo wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:58 pm
Three of Diamonds wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:45 pm It's been open season on this forum for quite a while for tin pottedness. I'm looking forward to seeing your application and profile for the vacancies on the board, you'd be awesome for the club.
We all moaned that Peaksy had limited contacts (myself included). We hoped Burgess would improve things (he didn't). Now our current manager is on a fans forum, taking suggstions from our fan base.

Here' s a few player that you may want to take a look a Richard. Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe and Wayne Rooney between 2004-10 I've heard they're all really good. Oh and an up coming Croatian striker called. Kanu Justpissrightoffski!

As for your comment about the current vacancies, perhaps I will apply last minute (after I pull out a prepared slide show and my CV). Then I can award myself a position I'm majorly under qualified for after being interviewed by myself. That's how it works right? Or do you just get a mate to rig the outcome for you?
Well Thank you Dowlo for the tip offs about Messi, Ronaldo Mbappe, us in the SUPER ANAL team will be onto the agents forthwith and do a bit of diligence and if they sign you will of course get a small percentage of the sign on fee from the Agent, trying to track down Kanu justpissrightoffski but the players from eastern Europe ie Russia are under embargo so maybe a non starter.

Thank you again for your help as its the little things like this that make our clubs community spirit really shine
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I'm sure we have all posted a daft message on here at some point but Dowlo has just won himself Dope of the Year Award 2022. If any of us see a player with potential or discover a player is available, such as Blaize Punter it is in our clubs interest to at least look at him. You never know who may become a little gem, or Diamond. Or would Dowlo prefer we pay a transfer fee or excessive wages for a Step 3 mercenary
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

To be honest, it is unprofessional for a manager to be posting on an open forum, Peaksy may have browsed here during his time with us, but at least he had the brains to not respond.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by Dowlo »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:41 pm I'm sure we have all posted a daft message on here at some point but Dowlo has just won himself Dope of the Year Award 2022. If any of us see a player with potential or discover a player is available, such as Blaize Punter it is in our clubs interest to at least look at him. You never know who may become a little gem, or Diamond. Or would Dowlo prefer we pay a transfer fee or excessive wages for a Step 3 mercenary
So you are happy that our first team manager is on here taking scouting advise from random fans?

If Peaksy had done the same you'd be (rightly) fuming It's little things like this that make us seem "mickey mouse", dis-organised and unprofessional.

"Welcome to the club "blah blah blah"- we're delighted you have joined AFCR&D after a random tip off I got from a fan on the forum- said Richard Maxwell first team manager......."

Imagine the above happening?? Who would look a "Dope" then?
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

I agree, I don’t think any manager should be commenting on a unofficial fans forum. Regarding players, any inside knowledge of player availability should be sent to the manager via the club although to be honest I am and would be very concerned that the manager would need to rely on that as they should have their own ability to recruit which I just dont think we have at the moment.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

fentiger79 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:43 pm I agree, I don’t think any manager should be commenting on a unofficial fans forum. Regarding players, any inside knowledge of player availability should be sent to the manager via the club although to be honest I am and would be very concerned that the manager would need to rely on that as they should have their own ability to recruit which I just dont think we have at the moment.
To be fair to him he has shown he can recruit players (Dawkins, Kanga, and Manangu) but as I said in a previous post, he should avoid posting on the forum whilst being manager.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

Can’t say too much about them as I havnt seen them but Kanga may have been a Burge contact due to location and Manangu had no club. It’s the level 3 signings where the contacts are limited.