Lost [ Sat 22nd Oct ] v Mickleover FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Re: [ Sat 22nd Oct ] v Mickleover FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by sussexdiamond »

diamondsteve wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:33 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:26 pm getting rather concerned as to whether we will have enough senior players for this game. I think we should ask League to suspend our fixtures for three weeks whilst we sort out the mess
Come on spill the beans had enough of these cryptic messages.
Apart from the ever increasing list of injuries. Tee went off last week and I am very doubtful he will stay much longer, he was a Burgess signing and must wonder what he has stepped into. The loan players parent clubs cannot be happy that Morgan WG and Connor are not starting and Ngwa may be required by Cobblers. Akubine will not tolerate not being in starting eleven much longer, remember how he almost left last season when Peaks dropped him. And of course Snedker must be absolutely fed up, the only good thing about is he probably won't go to Tamworth yet as they just signed another keeper. Add to all that not every player will be happy with Maxwell as manager, just as so many fans are not happy. The next two weeks are going to be very difficult for everyone.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

anybody know what's happened to fodden? Apart from having a shocker at hednesford, he hasn't been seen since. I do believe that he is on a contract as well
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:43 pm anybody know what's happened to fodden? Apart from having a shocker at hednesford, he hasn't been seen since. I do believe that he is on a contract as well
He was at the game last weekend so is still around, guessing he is injured? Hard to work him out really, thought he had a great game at Barwell but then followed it up with a shocker at Hednesford, but with his experience still a player that could be useful in our relegation battle this season.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 158 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Olly wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:37 pm
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:43 pm anybody know what's happened to fodden? Apart from having a shocker at hednesford, he hasn't been seen since. I do believe that he is on a contract as well
He was at the game last weekend so is still around, guessing he is injured? Hard to work him out really, thought he had a great game at Barwell but then followed it up with a shocker at Hednesford, but with his experience still a player that could be useful in our relegation battle this season.
Will still be getting paid each week won’t be , no need to rush back in his eyes
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

diamondsteve wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:11 pm
Will still be getting paid each week won’t be , no need to rush back in his eyes
I don't think that will be the case at all - from what I know of Matthew Fossen he's super keen to play. One thing which demonstrates this is the fact that he played with his hand in a cast and according to his AFCRDTV interview caused himself a lot of pain as a result. He didn't have to do that, so I'd say he did it because he was impassioned to help out the group and the Club.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Update from Mickleover - Beer festival on currently too.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 158 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

AndyKirkup wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:32 pm

I don't think that will be the case at all - from what I know of Matthew Fossen he's super keen to play. One thing which demonstrates this is the fact that he played with his hand in a cast and according to his AFCRDTV interview caused himself a lot of pain as a result. He didn't have to do that, so I'd say he did it because he was impassioned to help out the group and the Club.
Yes I agree with what you have said and he is a sound bloke and gent after speaking to him . All I am saying is it’s easier when your still getting paid whilst injured and that the benefit of being on contract. I think he’s still doing training which is a good thing
Andrew
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Andrew »

Fossen is injured. The fact he played with injury shows the character he is. I’m sure he’ll speak to anyone about it as that’s again the character he is. All I know he has and will give everything to help his team mates. But injury can have an affect.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I’m trying my hardest to wait and see but surely we must have some incoming player news , players from and around this level to help us stay up. Can the club at least give us concerned supporters anything?
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Any news that should read.