Our Day Out

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Red Dragon

Our Day Out

Post by Red Dragon »

First of all, thanks to all who took the trouble to come up and say hello to me and my missus yesterday, at my first away game of the season (!) and actually only my third game thanks to well-known geographical problems... it felt good to be back, and good to see so many smiling faces, and it was particularly good that Helen Thompson took the trouble to come and spend the second half with the travelling Diamonds.

On that note, and the real reason for this post, a very big WELL DONE to the singers, drummer, and vocal leader yesterday. You were all terrific, and kept up the wall of sound throughout which made it such a brilliant atmosphere. You totally outsung the Wrexham fans.

I thought a couple of the chants - which were new to me - were brilliant. I especially liked the one which was a kind of responsive chant about "Our Club Captain" - whoever dreamed that up is a genius, but also liked the wit in the one about one of our players being the size of a garden gnome... and, needless, to say, the chant about the vicar having his hat on was much appreciated!

Thank you all, for the bitter-sweetness of being reminded about the only thing I am missing about living in Wales!!

MIGHT see you at the play-off final - IF we make it, and IF I can wangle a Sunday off!
AFCR&D Member Number 38 - Proud member of a Community Football Club, currently in exile in West Wales!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Re: Our Day Out

Post by BartonRaz »

What a difference a successful season makes eh! :D

The Jamie Stuart one is perhaps my favorite player song ever.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

BartonRaz wrote:What a difference a successful season makes eh! :D

Likewise

Craig Farrell's needs a reword though, I reckon.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Good to see you Alan, albeit briefly ..............even if you did decide to ignore us in the traffic leaving the ground, we tooted and Bobos was hanging out the window waving, on second thoughts I fully understand why you chose to look straight ahead ;) :lol:

You've missed a tremendous season, a bit of an up and down one, but the final third has been fantastic !!

Glad you enjoyed it - see you at Wembley eh?? ;)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

DiamondsFan wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:What a difference a successful season makes eh! :D

Likewise

Craig Farrell's needs a reword though, I reckon.
Its funny how people see it! Agreed that i love the Stuart song, but i also love the Farrel song, but my mate agrees with you!
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

"Oi, big boy, what's your name?" Makes me chuckle everytime I hear it !! :lol:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51