[ Michael Harriman ] Stays for 24/25 Season

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Michael Harriman ] Stays for 24/25 Season

Post by Dazzler »

therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: [ Michael Harriman ] Stays for 24/25 Season

Post by therushden »

Great news 👍
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Sevenofdiamonds
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Sevenofdiamonds »

sweet
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Really pleased to see this, he’s earned the right to lead us next season and I’m delighted he wanted to stay on. The way the season finished it really was a no-brainer!

This is a great foundation from which to start, but we need to secure key players next and that, I’m assuming, won’t be easy until we know what league we’re going to be placed in and at what level.

I’m presuming we won’t know until the NPL AGM which is usually June I believe - so that won’t give Michael long to get a squad together, I’m sure there will be other clubs sniffing around certain players - I just hope they decide to stay with us and have a good crack at the league without the inherited mess and pressure many of them had to deal with last season!

A bit of good news to start the week though and here’s hoping to a successful first full campaign with Harriman at the helm !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 54 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Pigman wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:20 am I’m presuming we won’t know until the NPL AGM which is usually June I believe
The date I’ve seen posted about is around May 15-17th, as the league allocations are supposed to be released around those dates.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

rickthediamond wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:00 am
Pigman wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:20 am I’m presuming we won’t know until the NPL AGM which is usually June I believe
The date I’ve seen posted about is around May 15-17th, as the league allocations are supposed to be released around those dates.
Good news if that’s right - put us all out of our misery eh? lol
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

rickthediamond wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:00 am
We've been informed there is a meeting around this time. Whether that's the meeting where the final decision gets made or not, I don't know. I'd suggest that's the absolute earliest we'd expect to hear any news be it positive or negative.

I take the view that if they come to the decision that we remain at Step 4 they can take as long as they like, however owing to the knock-on effects financially of not being able to sell season tickets, and (presumably) difficulties it might cause Michael with recruitment not knowing what level we are going to be at, I'd rather they came to a decision sooner rather than later.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

The F.A released the allocations for Season 23/24 on Monday May 15th Last Year, so could do the same this Year which would be the Wednesday or if they like Mondays the it would be Monday 20th May this time. So its looking like a week to 12 days wait to find out our fate.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

As said they will probably the allocations mid May. There could be appeals though, mainly over league allocation rather than Step allocation.

I'd be surprised if you aren't in Step Four.
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

Is it worth selling season tickets based on the fact we are likely to be in step 4 and refund any difference if we in turn are in step 5.
AFC R&D Member No. 67