Won PAY WHAT YOU WANT! [ Sat 20th Apr ] v Shepshed Dynamo, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: PAY WHAT YOU WANT! [ Sat 20th Apr ] v Shepshed Dynamo, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Not sure how to feel after that one, we just look so powder puff at times. A win's a win and we now know that we need to better Rugby's result next week or it'll all be for nought. At least we're in decent form.
AFC R & D member number 34
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Reflecting on the results across the league today, I can't help but be a bit deflated. The 4-0 Rugby win does indeed make our challenge that little bit more difficult next week given they have a better goal difference and goals scored. However, it's the Cambridge and Coventry scores that probably disappoint me the most. Dragging them into the relegation battle could have meant we didn't have to exclusively be concerned with the Rugby score and there was a fair chance that Cambridge or Coventry would have lost. They are both on really poor form, much worse than us or Rugby but they have, unfortunately, dragged themselves over the line.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

A crowd of nearly 900, on a day when other clubs nearby had home games is pretty impressive, even with PWYW.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

Bob's Bitch wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:00 pm A crowd of nearly 900, on a day when other clubs nearby had home games is pretty impressive, even with PWYW.
Enjoyed today and hopefully one more win will do the job, always nice to catch up with lots of old faces and after 4 league visits I’ve still not watched a defeat. To be honest Diamonds should have been 2/3 up at half time but it was a great strike to finally get the win.
The pay what you want is always an interesting one £20 from the bloke in front of me and similar from the person behind him, but the person who put 5p in 🤦‍♂️
If I don’t make it all the best next Saturday for the big decider. And of course can only finish by saying well done Shanks and thank you for everything it has been a pleasure.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Massive credit to those who arranged it so we would have not only the community day but also pay as you want day today, it really paid off, 883, what a crowd! Biggest home crowd for a while and highest in this division this season, couldn't quite work it out, is that the biggest crowd we've had since K*ttering April 2019?

Probably the most stressed I've been at a football match, especially in the last 10 minutes knowing with Rugby's scoreline that anything less than a win would make our chances of completing the greatest escape next week quite slim, but well done to the team and of course Ryan Inman coming up with the goods when it mattered once again, great goal. All comes down to the last day now, we have done immensely well to get to the last day still in with a chance when for over half the season it really did look like we'd be down even earlier than last season, doesn't change the fact that it would be devastating to go down next week of course though.

A hard position to be in knowing that barring a miracle and we win by a big margin, it isn't in our hands going into the last game, but I remain hopeful, Rugby have picked up 7 points from their last 9 which is decent, but still haven't won away since November, let's hope that continues next week and we win of course.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 20 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Excellent win & scenes after Inman’s goal. Got a good feeling for a Boldmere win or at least a draw against Rugby next week - Boldmere are a good side as evidenced last week and they have one of the leagues top scorers in Owen Parry. Obviously we have to do our jobs and beat Walsall away, but that’s what I fully expect us to do 💎
Lee Tomlin la la la
Sevenofdiamonds
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Sevenofdiamonds »

A hard fought win today and a sweet shot to win the game from Ryan, but this one should have been wrapped up by half-time. It will be a nail-biter next week as well, can we get a two-goal-better result than Rugby? Well I think we can.
Whatever level we are at next season I hope Cairo Taylor will still be with us, he is a class act - how he was with the kids after the final whistle - that was great.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Interviews with AFCRDTV

AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

If only we’d had the players we’ve had over the last six months at the start of the season things would be so different.

Great to see nearly 900 in attendance which in turn created a great atmosphere, something that has been missing all season in my opinion. But where have they been the rest of the season would be my question? Hopefully will entice a few to come over to the D&D.

On to the last game, let’s hope Boldmere can do us a favour, and we do what is needed against Walsall.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Sevenofdiamonds wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:21 pm A hard fought win today and a sweet shot to win the game from Ryan, but this one should have been wrapped up by half-time. It will be a nail-biter next week as well, can we get a two-goal-better result than Rugby? Well I think we can.
Whatever level we are at next season I hope Cairo Taylor will still be with us, he is a class act - how he was with the kids after the final whistle - that was great.
The cruel thing is if we were to get a two goal better result than Rugby we'd go down on goals scored can you believe! But it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that we can create a big enough GD swing if Rugby themselves put 4 past Walsall. If Rugby win 1-0 and we win 4-0 then we stay up.

I hope most of this team will stay with us next season, but ultimately that will depend mostly on what happens next Saturday, if we stay up I really think we have a good team to build upon for next and maybe coming seasons. If we go down, most likely it will be another rebuild job in the summer, I'd love to believe that even if we went down the success and team spirit built in the second part of this season would keep them together, but that's not always how it works at this level.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308