Returning to the Dog & Duck

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Herman Jelmet

Returning to the Dog & Duck

Post by Herman Jelmet »

During the last couple of games there were rumours going round about leaving Hayden Road and returning to the Dog & Duck. Any truth in this? Is this what the special meeting is about?
Personally I'm all for it. Although the location of Hayden Road is perfect for me, a 5 minute walk, it is no longer fit for purpose. The pitch is in a terrible state and going in the clubhouse is a miserable experience to say the least. I know many people who won't go to Hayden Road because of the depressing atmosphere there.( obviously the results are helping 😞)
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: Returning to the Dog & Duck

Post by Three of Diamonds »

AFC R & D member number 34
Herman Jelmet

Post by Herman Jelmet »

I'm not a part owner, just a regular long term supporter, so can't see what that thread is about.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Herman Jelmet wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:07 pm I'm not a part owner, just a regular long term supporter, so can't see what that thread is about.
Simple answer become a part owner or wait until after the meeting next week when I am sure all will be revealed
Herman Jelmet

Post by Herman Jelmet »

Am I less of a fan because i couldn't afford it at the start of the season? Why the secrecy? If people knew what the meeting is about, if it is about a proposed move, then they might be more inclined to become a member. Is there any need to make poorer fans feel like 2nd class supporters? Theres hundreds of fans who aren't members but still want to know what's going on.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Its not secrecy , its a members only vote and as a member i cannnot discuss on this forum.

It seems you have got the gist of the vote to know the full story you can now join for a tenner and have a vote if you so wish.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Herman Jelmet wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:30 pm Am I less of a fan because i couldn't afford it at the start of the season? Why the secrecy? If people knew what the meeting is about, if it is about a proposed move, then they might be more inclined to become a member. Is there any need to make poorer fans feel like 2nd class supporters? Theres hundreds of fans who aren't members but still want to know what's going on.
At the start of the season you'd had 12 years of the constitution of our club, and since the start of the season if you'd have put aside £1 a week you'd have plenty of money to buy membership. I can't believe people still roll out these lame, whinging excuses and try to get something for nothing. Pay your membership fee or wait, it's not hard.
AFC R & D member number 34
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

The club is owned by its members and therefore, the members will always, rightly, hear about things before non-members. There will also be a time when members will be asked for their opinion on things and this is one such case.
It’s no different to the club being owned by an individual who makes a decision and then tells supporters once it’s been decided.
I don’t think anyone is viewed as less of a fan if they’re not a member, they just won’t hear things first hand or have a say on what’s going on.

As others have said, there’s the opportunity to join now at a reduced rate for the remainder of the season which will allow you access to the SGM if you want to. If you’re able to, I’d recommend that you do. If you’re not able to, I’m sure the members will come to the right decision for the club so you’re on to a winner either way!
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Cotty

Post by Cotty »

I've been a supporter of (both versions) the club since 1995 and have never been a member. I attended the inaugural Pemberton Centre meeting and was not convinced even then that fan ownership was the right way forward. It still does not stop me supporting the club and wishing them well.
Bobdiddly
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bobdiddly »

Supported since 97. Attended the Pemberton Centre meeting but not a member. For what it is worth, the dog and duck is a step backwards in my opinion. But I respect the decision of the board and members. I hope we stay at hayden Road.