The Great Escape

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

The Great Escape

Post by sussexdiamond »

It is still on. I don't think many expected much from yesterday's game, even just a 0-1 defeat would still have yielded no points. Results elsewhere went pretty much in our favour. So what do we need. I reckon 20 points from 11 remaining games to finish in 20th place. A tall order no doubt. From our six home games we need to get at least 12 pts. Wins v Cambridge and Shepshed, four points from Quorn and Lye and draws v Anstey and Loughborough. Minimum 7 points at Coleshill, Boldmere and Walsall, lose at Harborough, draw at Quorn. Optimistic? Probably but it sets a target. We have a decent squad now so let's get Steve McQueen on his motorbike revving us up and clearing those barriers. 🚵
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: The Great Escape

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Not wanting to be a party pooper but Steve McQueen got caught 😂
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:50 am. I reckon 20 points from 11 remaining games to finish in 20th place.
Do we not need to finish in 18th to stay up?
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

StaceyH wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:34 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:50 am. I reckon 20 points from 11 remaining games to finish in 20th place.
Do we not need to finish in 18th to stay up?
Yes indeed, a typo I'm afraid
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Rugby are the team to keep our eyes on. Gresley, although above us, look destined for the drop based off current form. Sphinx and Cambridge City will be safe IMO. I have slight worries that we may have had our ‘purple patch’ and Rugby may be about to have theirs. I’m not basing this off the Hinckley result, or anything really, maybe it’s just a cynical feeling I have in my gut. Anyway, from this point onwards, we need to better Rugby’s results week in week out. They’ve certainly had quite a squad change over recent weeks with many of the contracts held by players being terminated. Their experienced striker Michael Taylor, who has already scored several since signing, is pivotal for them. He was their only real threat before he got injured against us. Our run in is harder than theirs in my opinion. Excellent home form with a couple of feisty away performances will be key. Hopefully we can use tomorrow as a spring board for the league games, like we did previously. A Sixfields final if we have been relegated to step 5 will be a miserable affair in my eyes. Not a fan of the Hillier Cup, but if we do make the final, I will certainly enjoy it more if we’ve avoided the drop.
Lee Tomlin la la la
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Although some points ahead of us Coleshill are currently in free fall, 6 defeats in a row. They and Gresley could be the ones to target.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:19 pm Although some points ahead of us Coleshill are currently in free fall, 6 defeats in a row. They and Gresley could be the ones to target.
Would be quite something if Coleshill were relegated from their position. They have had several managerial changes throughout the season though and one does wonder how long their new boss Craig Nicholls will be given to sort their form out. Having said that, he is a well respected coach and probably just needs time to get a settled squad. I would imagine they will be okay come the end of the season, but hopefully we will be able to do the double over them!
Lee Tomlin la la la
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Thomas joins Cogenhoe on a dual
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »