Lost [ Sat 23rd Dec ] v Sporting Khalsa, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Re: [ Sat 23rd Dec ] v Sporting Khalsa, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by Dowlo »

rickthediamond wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:08 am
He was the best striker we had. Whether he’s good enough is another matter. In an ideal world would I want Jones as a starting XI striker, no…
[/quote]

Just read back what you've just typed out there mate. 🤣

In a side that's scored 11 goals in 18 games you wouldn't play him I your starting XI. That just about sums him up.

Honestly, the lad was useless. I wouldn't trust him to finish my Sunday dinner tomorrow. Is he to blame d for where the club finds itself. Absolutely not. Do I expect the club to tweet "Best of Luck to Donkey Jones in his future footballing "career" " Of course I do. But that is just a sad indication of were the club finds itself now
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

As if yesterday's defeat wasn't bad enough! Though he played yesterday and this was announced very late in the evening! A shame he's leaving imo, he isn't exactly the goalscorer we need, but always thought we were worse off without him this season. My concern is that this just stinks of someone just getting out of a sinking ship.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Jones jumps ship, pinto leite & garwood having extended Christmas breaks, Thomas & Raymond disappeared.....
Can't score, can't defend, can't hold the ball
Sad days I'm afraid ☹
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

I am guessing because we don’t pay that well it means if players want to go on holiday in the busiest time of the season we have to let them .

God we are a right mess when they can do what they want, worst still they’ll go straight back into the 11 afterwards.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Ricky330 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:49 pm
davealbon wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:08 pm
Ricky330 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:41 pm I'm guessing that Harriman was given a points target to achieve by Christmas from the board so surely its time for them to now review? Although who would want the job I don't know.
However, the situation is just not improving and unfortunately shows no sign of getting better any time soon.
We simply turn up, miss chances & concede easy soft goals every week.
I'm afraid relegation is a certainty.
I'm not sure what sacking Harriman would achieve. The board have already stated there were very few people interested in the job when Nunn left, and there certainly won't be any more interest now. Harriman has inherited a squad that is simply not good enough for Step 4 football, and our league position (coupled with a somewhat restrictive budget) is making it impossible for him to attract new players of sufficient quality. I don't know what anyone else could do better in this situation, unless we appoint one of the few managers around who would bring their own money in to add to the budget?

Our only hope of avoiding relegation is if we can bring in several decent players in the January fire sales, when the mid-table teams with no chance of going up or down cut their cloth to save for next season, whilst hoping the teams just above us can't do the same. It's a very long shot though.
Week after week it's the same story. Turn up , try hard , but no success. This surely cannot just be put down to "the players aren't good enough " we clearly do have 'some' talent but there has been NO improvement IMO. (I'd go so far as to say we're going backwards)
Therefore, I (like many of us I'm guessing) am asking
What is the game plan? What are we doing in training?
Cos it's clearly not defence drills or shooting practice!
That's why IMO the board needs to review the Management situation unfortunately
I think the fact we turn up, try hard and continue to have no success perfectly illustrates that the players simply aren't good enough. I accept your point about there being no improvement (with the possible exception of Ben Garwood), but maybe that further highlights that the players aren't good enough - it's not that we have a young squad of talented players, just lacking experience, I'd suggest they're not good enough for Step 4 football and probably never will be.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Adrian wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:37 pm
davealbon wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:08 pm I'm not sure what sacking Harriman would achieve. The board have already stated there were very few people interested in the job when Nunn left
Having a player/manager and a player/assistant manager should have allowed us to save money with the jobs being combined.

Instead we've landed ourselves with a pair of cowards, who have taken themselves out of the starting line up to void themselves of any criticism.

Every week we sign a new defender, a clear confirmation that Harriman is intending to stay on the bench.

It's heartbreaking and the clubs who trust us by sending their youth team players here for their first taste of men's have lost the plot.

All I'm seeing is an ex football league player destroying the careers of young lads before it's even started.

A 30 year old dropping out of the football league into the lower section of non league for reasons other than money... for me something is not right, we need to get rid.

Harriman is getting paid by us and Peterborough United, he should do the Chris Nunn thing and say he's not going to take a wage for the utter dross being served up, last week he hinted at there being plenty of budget to spend... if we allow him to spend it we are finished.

This morning he Tweeted for the first time in months, it said... "Let’s go Diamonds 💎" he's just copy and pasting what Chris Nunn would have tweeted, a total imposter.

IMO this tweet form James Anker is spot on...

It just goes to show that someone who can form such a sensible opinion as that is exactly what this club is missing! and what a coincidence that this guy was involved at the club last year when everything started to improve.
Oh, the irony of you, a keyboard warrior, accusing anyone else off being a coward!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:49 pm https://youtu.be/Ly3l6zsuLGk?si=vqqoevL0WQ4XfHvs

Worth a look -- players on around £500 a week at our level is fcuking madness.
The board have some difficult decisions to make. As a fanbase/ paying customers I don't think we're getting value for money, do we cut the budget, accept it's finished this season and retain as much as we can for next season? Tough call to make.
Great interview. Setch will be fully aware to goings on off pitch there. Only so long you can depend on class A to help run the club .
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Harborough lost yesterday so presumably will get a rollicking from their manager and come out all guns blazing against us. Corby lose at home again, so it will be no home wins v no away points,. Garwood would have booked his holiday some time ago, so it's not just a case of couldn't care on his behalf. It's certainly a bleak midwinter. At least we have Johnson to replace Jones!!!!
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:27 am Harborough lost yesterday so presumably will get a rollicking from their manager and come out all guns blazing against us. Corby lose at home again, so it will be no home wins v no away points,. Garwood would have booked his holiday some time ago, so it's not just a case of couldn't care on his behalf. It's certainly a bleak midwinter. At least we have Johnson to replace Jones!!!!
He doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence, but then the majority of the team don’t either.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:45 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:27 am Harborough lost yesterday so presumably will get a rollicking from their manager and come out all guns blazing against us. Corby lose at home again, so it will be no home wins v no away points,. Garwood would have booked his holiday some time ago, so it's not just a case of couldn't care on his behalf. It's certainly a bleak midwinter. At least we have Johnson to replace Jones!!!!
He doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence, but then the majority of the team don’t either.
Shame really, as he looked really sharp during pre-season and people were saying that we've got great signing there. Maybe he's lacking confidence but you've got to go with him right now, can't rely on just Cairo Taylor to score the goals