Just a thought

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Just a thought

Post by sussexdiamond »

If Walsall Wood game is postponed on 18th Nov due to their involvement in FA trophy why not see if we can switch Hilier Cup game to that day. It would certainly be better for us to play on a Saturday than a Tuesday. Cobblers first team are away to Charlton we could get an extra 100 or so to the game.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: Just a thought

Post by STAGMAN »

Good idea plus less energy used for floodlights as well
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Northants FA wouldn't go for that.

To be honest now we've dropped a league and are in a poor league position I suspect the attendance will be very low, the enthusiasm the fans had over the summer which would have added a few hundred to the gate if it was a friendly has gone so we will be lucky to get 200 through the turnstiles for this.

Pity we can't do an attendance based raffle, if the attendance is over 500 you get entered into a raffle to win 2 tickets to our boxing day / new years day fixtures, games with no importance like this should be used as an opportunity to try new initiatives.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I agree up to a point but any gate money has to be shared with Cobblers and NFA I presume so we wouldn't make much from it. I don't agree on just 200 attendance especially as Cobblers away. However it probably won't happen. What does worry me is that I keep agreeing with Adrian lately🤔