New Manager: Michael Harriman - New Assistant Manager: Tom Lorraine

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

New Manager: Michael Harriman - New Assistant Manager: Tom Lorraine

Post by Adrian »

Harriman To Lead The Diamonds

The Club are delighted to announce that Michael Harriman has been appointed First Team Manager on a permanent basis. With Tom Lorraine continuing as Assistant Manager!

Lets give Michael & Tom our support this weekend at Hayden Road!

Via Twitter
I hope he will be staying on as a player or we will need 2 experienced defenders.

Feels a bit like a clone of the Maxwell appointment, an interim with no experience in management, pick ups one good result and is quickly given the job.

Personally a bit disappointed but with the finances being what they are we were hardly going to get many experienced applicants and if Elliot Sandy can make a good manager am sure Michael can! hopefully!

Otherwise see you back here in January when Corby sack the experienced Gary Setchell and he takes the Hayden Road hotseat.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: New Manager: Michael Harriman - New Assistant Manager: Tom Lorraine

Post by sussexdiamond »

I think our record on and off the pitch since Peaks left probably put off any potential applicants. Harriman is an experienced pro and with Tom's knowledge of this level hopefully things will improve
RyanDoveFanClub
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by RyanDoveFanClub »

Said it before, I absolutely wanted them both involved in the management team - it's obvious to see how much they care for the club and the impact they have. The football we played against Coleshill did feel like back to what we should be doing. Passes into feet when we don't have outright target men who'd have thought it!

Just worry given the history with interim manager appointments. But no doubt they've got the absolute best interests in mind for the club, infinitely more so than the "Huntingdon set".

With Chapman not able to continue taking part, do wonder if and how they'll expand the management team in the long term.

I am in no way saying it is a bad decision and with the way that the board have been I cannot doubt they have been incredibly considerate and passionate about the club as always. Just can't help but worry, but back the boys and see what the results are like. COYD💎
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I think it’s a logical appointment, Michael has the pro game experience, knows what are good habits and what aren’t, Tom who bleeds AFCRD and knows a number of players at this level, I think they could do with another experienced assistant someone who has had experience at this level similar to the job ramsahw is doing at dynamo, and also a top coach to get the promising young players to develop and fulfil their potential.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

If both are to continue playing then it's a blow that Chapman isn't hanging around. A coach who knows how to run a game must be high on the list of needs.

Agree with Bozzer, Harriman can get people to pick up the phone who would normally do so for a Step 4 club and Tom is well respected all over the region.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Hopefully they will be making full use of their contacts to get some new faces in for Saturday, a huge game.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I will get 100% get behind both of them. This is a completely different situation to when that clown RM was appointed, both will have ideas, both will have good contacts they can call upon, Michael with his Northampton Town connection, and Tom is well respected in the area.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Now Massingham and kerins have left, who is captain? Sorry of this has been mentioned elsewhere
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I would imagine Harriman when he plays, otherwise I think Pinto Leite would be a good choice.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:02 pm I would imagine Harriman when he plays, otherwise I think Pinto Leite would be a good choice.
I have never heard of a player/manager captain but there's a first time for everything. Think I'd go for Ben gough or Hughes when he's fit