Chris Nunn Leaves

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Re: Chris Nunn Leaves

Post by rickthediamond »

@fan89footy wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:03 am
SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:56 am
@fan89footy wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:31 am

I was thinking outside the box regarding the fact that the guy at Daventry puts his own money in (do you think Daventry paid for Leon Lobjolt all on their own? - whoops I just showed a bit of knowledge of local football) and to be honest if Diamonds want to get themselves out of this mess they need someone a little bit different than another generic step 4 /5 manager working with the limited funds the club can provide him with.

Also so what if he doesn't stay that long? Diamonds need assistance NOW to get out of relegation if he leaves in May having achieved this then what is the problem? (and no I am not Clint Torres before anyone asks)
Go then I'll bite a bit.

Daren, and he's a lovely bloke I like him a lot, and the clubs he's been at.

Irchester - left three days before the season started having got promotion to the UCL, took five years to recover

Corby S&L - went down from the UCL Div 1 the season he left. They have finished bottom two of the Comb for the last two seasons and only saved by Moulton and then Irchester being promoted.

Burton Park - two stretches. First one saved them from relegation, the season after they were saved from relegation to the Comb on PPG. Left last season BPW are currently bottom of the SSML Div1, the team are mainly lads from their U18 side last season.

If he does come and keeps you up where will that leave you in June/July/August? no manager, no players, still in a division where you can't compete financially.
Your Question: "Where does it leave you if he does comes and keeps you up?"

The Answer: At step 4, not a step 5 which is exactly where Diamonds will be if they just keep plodding along in the manor I have previously described.

How Diamonds go about the their long term future is open to debate but in the here and now something drastic needs to happen.
I do agree that something drastic needs to happen, but not in terms of the manager. Unfortunately we will always be limited as a fan owned club whilst we do not have our own ground. I struggle to see how we are realistically going to build the funds for the ground any time in the next 5-10 years (I may be proved wrong and very happily so). In my honest opinion, and I’ve said it before on here, the structure of the club may need to be reviewed. I do completely agree that being a fan owned club has made AFCRD the club that it is, but our fans either need to wake up and smell the coffee and accept that step 4/5 is going to be our level, or rally for change if they can’t come to terms with it.
Lee Tomlin la la la
@fan89footy
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by @fan89footy »

rickthediamond wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:09 am
@fan89footy wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:03 am
SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:56 am

Go then I'll bite a bit.

Daren, and he's a lovely bloke I like him a lot, and the clubs he's been at.

Irchester - left three days before the season started having got promotion to the UCL, took five years to recover

Corby S&L - went down from the UCL Div 1 the season he left. They have finished bottom two of the Comb for the last two seasons and only saved by Moulton and then Irchester being promoted.

Burton Park - two stretches. First one saved them from relegation, the season after they were saved from relegation to the Comb on PPG. Left last season BPW are currently bottom of the SSML Div1, the team are mainly lads from their U18 side last season.

If he does come and keeps you up where will that leave you in June/July/August? no manager, no players, still in a division where you can't compete financially.
Your Question: "Where does it leave you if he does comes and keeps you up?"

The Answer: At step 4, not a step 5 which is exactly where Diamonds will be if they just keep plodding along in the manor I have previously described.

How Diamonds go about the their long term future is open to debate but in the here and now something drastic needs to happen.
I do agree that something drastic needs to happen, but not in terms of the manager. Unfortunately we will always be limited as a fan owned club whilst we do not have our own ground. I struggle to see how we are realistically going to build the funds for the ground any time in the next 5-10 years (I may be proved wrong and very happily so). In my honest opinion, and I’ve said it before on here, the structure of the club may need to be reviewed. I do completely agree that being a fan owned club has made AFCRD the club that it is, but our fans either need to wake up and smell the coffee and accept that step 4/5 is going to be our level, or rally for change if they can’t come to terms with it.
I do agree with you there Rick, those are all very fair comments.
diamondphil

Post by diamondphil »

Is Peter Taylor still out of a job ?
I feel sorry for people who don't drink................when they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I’m guessing any imminent signings or 7 dayers that were put in are now unlikely to happen, or are they? Could we get an update. Absolutely crucial spell of games coming up and we could do with some new signings.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

fentiger79 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:16 pm I’m guessing any imminent signings or 7 dayers that were put in are now unlikely to happen, or are they? Could we get an update. Absolutely crucial spell of games coming up and we could do with some new signings.
Even just to give us a bench. That's two more players gone, one played on sunday, so could potentially only have couple of subs tomorrow. Fraser corden hasnt been seen since thd facup game i think, raymond and briggs havent been around and tagoe was a named sub last weekend, but clearly wasnt there. Where as we were being informed of players updates at the start of the, that seems to have faded in recent weeks
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:56 pm
fentiger79 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:16 pm I’m guessing any imminent signings or 7 dayers that were put in are now unlikely to happen, or are they? Could we get an update. Absolutely crucial spell of games coming up and we could do with some new signings.
Even just to give us a bench. That's two more players gone, one played on sunday, so could potentially only have couple of subs tomorrow. Fraser corden hasnt been seen since thd facup game i think, raymond and briggs havent been around and tagoe was a named sub last weekend, but clearly wasnt there. Where as we were being informed of players updates at the start of the, that seems to have faded in recent weeks
Any incoming players Chris had lined up this week will now not happen, since those conversations are always between manager and player and not club and player.

Tom and Michael have been given permission to sign players during their interim period and we are hoping to get one over the line before the game tomorrow.

Fraser Cordon remains an AFC R&D player. He wasn't being considered by Chris owing to the fact he is at university and some distance away, albeit Fraser was happy to continuing playing for us. Any incoming manager may not view the situation in quite the same way, so maybe watch this space on that one.

Briggs was dual-registered with Daventry at the start of the season which was communicated.

Raymond I'm not sure on to be honest. He was in the squad at the Coventry Sphinx game.

Tagoe has been available throughout and trained last night. Your guess is as good as mine as to why he was named on the bench.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:15 pm
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:56 pm
Any incoming players Chris had lined up this week will now not happen, since those conversations are always between manager and player and not club and player.

Tom and Michael have been given permission to sign players during their interim period and we are hoping to get one over the line before the game tomorrow.

Fraser Cordon remains an AFC R&D player. He wasn't being considered by Chris owing to the fact he is at university and some distance away, albeit Fraser was happy to continuing playing for us. Any incoming manager may not view the situation in quite the same way, so maybe watch this space on that one.

Briggs was dual-registered with Daventry at the start of the season which was communicated.

Raymond I'm not sure on to be honest. He was in the squad at the Coventry Sphinx game.

Tagoe has been available throughout and trained last night. Your guess is as good as mine as to why he was named on the bench.
Thanks for always taking the time to post these responses/updates on here, Alex. I think I speak for everyone when I say they are very insightful and appreciated.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

I can't believe people are suggesting we go for a manager who pumps his own money in to sign players.

Managers like that are just desperate failures, a good manager will work within the clubs budget, if he can't meet the aims of the club with that budget then he is clearly not a good manager.

Take Daventry, they have some excellent players amongst their squad who are clearly not cheap, they should be the Spalding of the UCL yet they are average and not even in the top 5.

If you have all those players available to you and you can't get them into the top 3 in the UCL it says a lot about your ability to motivate those players.

Every manager eventually gets sacked, a manager pumping his own money in just gets a little longer because the board feel guilty to sack him, it's a recipe for toxicity and bad feeling.

A good example of a manager who puts his own money in is a rich man who is ugly, he knows the hot women are not interested in him but also knows that if he flashes his cash, he will bag one who is only interested in the money. He doesn't mind that she's only interested in his money because he doesn't have any dignity or self respect.

The board should ask themselves, would we appoint this guy if he wasn't willing to pump his own money in to the playing budget? if the answer to that is no - you know you have a problem.

I think I am 95% certain the board we have in place at the club wouldn't even consider such an appointment, they have already dealt and disposed of a guy who has since had to resort to buying his own football club to fulfil his dream of being a football manager by appointing himself.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Mick Hunter, Matt Vernon, and Jordy Williams have joined Nunn at Histon, not surprising really , they all left by mutual consent, but thought Matt was still involved with the under 23’s regardless.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Adrian wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:11 pm I can't believe people are suggesting we go for a manager who pumps his own money in to sign players.

Managers like that are just desperate failures, a good manager will work within the clubs budget, if he can't meet the aims of the club with that budget then he is clearly not a good manager.

Take Daventry, they have some excellent players amongst their squad who are clearly not cheap, they should be the Spalding of the UCL yet they are average and not even in the top 5.

If you have all those players available to you and you can't get them into the top 3 in the UCL it says a lot about your ability to motivate those players.

Every manager eventually gets sacked, a manager pumping his own money in just gets a little longer because the board feel guilty to sack him, it's a recipe for toxicity and bad feeling.

A good example of a manager who puts his own money in is a rich man who is ugly, he knows the hot women are not interested in him but also knows that if he flashes his cash, he will bag one who is only interested in the money. He doesn't mind that she's only interested in his money because he doesn't have any dignity or self respect.

The board should ask themselves, would we appoint this guy if he wasn't willing to pump his own money in to the playing budget? if the answer to that is no - you know you have a problem.

I think I am 95% certain the board we have in place at the club wouldn't even consider such an appointment, they have already dealt and disposed of a guy who has since had to resort to buying his own football club to fulfil his dream of being a football manager by appointing himself.
Classic example of a manager owned club failure is Nuneaton. Their forum is continually slating Jimmy Ginelli.