Chris Nunn Leaves

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Chris Nunn Leaves

Post by Rushdenjim »

Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: Chris Nunn Leaves

Post by Rushdenjim »

Such a shame things haven't worked out for Chris. You always thought with Chris that a mini-run of results was on the horizon but they never materialised. Hard for any manager to survive losing nine of the bounce at any level, so inevitable decision in the end and I'm glad the board have been proactive.

Good luck to whoever wants to try and get us out this almighty hole.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Didn't see this coming to be honest, but football management is all about a results based situation. 11 games in all competitions and 11 defeats. The boards hand would have been forced to take action. Who comes in though will have to be a very shrewd and experienced manager, as the task is pretty mammoth at the moment. You'd hope they'd be able to bring a few faces with them, as seems to be a procedure at non-league
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

And Chris' tweet too. Click to see his full statement.

Wobbly Wardley
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Wobbly Wardley »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:18 pm Didn't see this coming to be honest, but football management is all about a results based situation. 11 games in all competitions and 11 defeats. The boards hand would have been forced to take action. Who comes in though will have to be a very shrewd and experienced manager, as the task is pretty mammoth at the moment. You'd hope they'd be able to bring a few faces with them, as seems to be a procedure at non-league

The same was said after Maxwell, and the obvious choice was Mr Nunn!! I think we will struggle with the next appointment, do we look into the UCL for a manager, but who is really going to want to leave a UCL team pushing for promotion to come to us? Absolutely none of them in my opinion.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Gutted Chris has gone, mainly because he was a proper role model to have at our club. With that said, no manager survives 11 defeats out of 11 games played, so it had become inevitable. In terms of his replacement, there’s only one man for the job in my eyes, Biffa. IF Biff applies, then he simply must get the job, knows a few of the lads in our squad, knows the club inside out, and could hopefully persuade Wilson to make the move over to us. It sounds crazy to say it, but that IF is quite crucial because even Biff, who knows our club so well, may not fancy the job given our current form and position in the table. Fingers crossed he does.
Lee Tomlin la la la
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

rickthediamond wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:09 pm Gutted Chris has gone, mainly because he was a proper role model to have at our club. With that said, no manager survives 11 defeats out of 11 games played, so it had become inevitable. In terms of his replacement, there’s only one man for the job in my eyes, Biffa. IF Biff applies, then he simply must get the job, knows a few of the lads in our squad, knows the club inside out, and could hopefully persuade Wilson to make the move over to us. It sounds crazy to say it, but that IF is quite crucial because even Biff, who knows our club so well, may not fancy the job given our current form and position in the table. Fingers crossed he does.
Not sure a manager at a mid table Step 5 club will be the answer.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:15 pm
rickthediamond wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:09 pm Gutted Chris has gone, mainly because he was a proper role model to have at our club. With that said, no manager survives 11 defeats out of 11 games played, so it had become inevitable. In terms of his replacement, there’s only one man for the job in my eyes, Biffa. IF Biff applies, then he simply must get the job, knows a few of the lads in our squad, knows the club inside out, and could hopefully persuade Wilson to make the move over to us. It sounds crazy to say it, but that IF is quite crucial because even Biff, who knows our club so well, may not fancy the job given our current form and position in the table. Fingers crossed he does.
Respectfully disagree, you won’t find many Step 3/4 managers fancying it, and those that do will walk away as soon as they hear about their pay packet or our budget. Happy to be proved wrong though.
Lee Tomlin la la la
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

What is the answer then? I don't think we're in a position to really pick and choose. I'd be shocked if any manager who is above our current position will apply, only somebody who's out of a job who's managed higher. Like already mentioned, no manager who's doing well I step 5, is likely to come to a srel 4 club who's season perogative at this early stage in the season, is to avoid relegation
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:19 pm
What is the answer then? I don't think we're in a position to really pick and choose. I'd be shocked if any manager who is above our current position will apply, only somebody who's out of a job who's managed higher. Like already mentioned, no manager who's doing well I step 5, is likely to come to a srel 4 club who's season perogative at this early stage in the season, is to avoid relegation
You've answered your own question in a way. It's not an attractive proposition. You might get an up and coming manager who fancies it and sees it as an opportunity to progress his career pathway a couple of seasons early.

Any well run Step Five club will almost certainly be paying as much if not more so why leave a team where you have a chance to get a result in each game to a team that can't win a two horse race.

It will all depend on what the acceptance of what league you will start next season is.