David Bland resigns

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

David Bland resigns

Post by sussexdiamond »

Thank you David for your work since joining the board. I do hope this is not the start of another round of problems for the club.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: David Bland resigns

Post by Pigman »

Agreed, thanks for everything you’ve done for the club David!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Gutted.
He and James Anker were both newbies to the board (IIRC) during last seasons troubles, I was only thinking the other day we've gone downhill since James Anker stepped away in the summer.

Thank you to Dave for the time, effort and energy that you have put into the club.

Good people like the two mentioned above who are willing to donate their spare time to the club are not easy to come by, especially when you consider the criticism the board have been getting recently.

One minute it's: He has done a cracking job
The next minute it's: He doesn't know what he is doing.

How many potentially very good board members out there will be put off bothering to come forward because of attitudes like that.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Lawman
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Lawman »

From the start always acknowledged fans. Friendly and approachable. Sadly will be missed
All the best Dave hopefully you will still attend matches.
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by real diamond »

Adrian wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:15 pm Gutted.
He and James Anker were both newbies to the board (IIRC) during last seasons troubles, I was only thinking the other day we've gone downhill since James Anker stepped away in the summer.

Thank you to Dave for the time, effort and energy that you have put into the club.

Good people like the two mentioned above who are willing to donate their spare time to the club are not easy to come by, especially when you consider the criticism the board have been getting recently.

One minute it's: He has done a cracking job
The next minute it's: He doesn't know what he is doing.

How many potentially very good board members out there will be put off bothering to come forward because of attitudes like that.
In the same post you have referenced how the board have gone downhill since James left and then at the end said how many good people are put off bothering to come forward because of people’s attitude towards the board. 🤔
Curly
Been Liked: 9 times

Post by Curly »

I've got to say that the board hasn't gone downhill since I left at all. I had to step away for personal reasons away from football. I haven't stepped away from the club though and am still active on the volunteers working group.

Let's not forget that it's only been a couple of months since the legends game that everyone raved about, the board haven't changed the way they work since then. When I see people say things like the club has ran out of ideas it really hurts as we have been really active at loads of local events over the summer trying to drum up support and raise the clubs profile. David was instrumental in a lot of that happening. The poor start on the pitch has made everyone overlook the work that has been done just to make sure we had a team on the pitch this season.

We are having an open volunteers meeting at the windmill on the 3rd of October it would be wonderful to see some new faces at this