Lost Sat 30th Sep ] v Hinckley LRFC, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Re: TODAY! [ Sat 30th Sep ] v Hinckley LRFC, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by fentiger79 »

Feeling positive about today. If we just take some more of our chances we will be ok. Need to be stronger in the midfield and cut out the basic mistakes. I’m going for a 3-1 win.
@fan89footy
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by @fan89footy »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:48 am Feeling positive about today. If we just take some more of our chances we will be ok. Need to be stronger in the midfield and cut out the basic mistakes. I’m going for a 3-1 win.
Me too, I think today is the day that Diamonds' season could get kick started.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Loving the optimism of people, but this really is a tough game today as hinckley haven't lost yet. I think if we come away from this with a point and preferably a scoring draw, then we can be happy. Unfortunately I don't think we'll get anything from the game as its been horror show of a start to the season, but obviously I hope I'm wrong
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Not exactly a game we want to be needing to get something out of as they are doing well with Tendai Daire in hot form up front, but that's where we at, 5 points adrift at the bottom, Rugby v Sphinx today means it could be worse at 5pm if we lose again, really think we have to get something out of today, a 0-0 would be a great result and something to build on to turn the season around.

Still have hope for the playoffs though as there is a long way to go... well the relegation playoffs!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

I don't want to detract from how bad the ref was today (he was f***ing atrocious), but if you give the ball away as cheaply as we did for their goals, miss absolute sitters as we did twice in the first half, and are as poor as we were in possession throughout the second half, you're not going to win, or even draw, many games.

It might have been different had the ref not bottled the penalty decision for the trip on Edge in the first half, but the win was there for the taking today, and we only have ourselves to blame for losing it.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Basil

Post by Basil »

We see bad refs week in week out but today’s was just awful to say the least. Questionable handball against us given, questionable handball for them not given. Clear pen against their keeper not given. Admittedly Jones should of scored a sitter in the first half but how the Lino didn’t see our “goal” was over the line or that the ball from the resulting corner clearly came off of a Hinckley player! I hope we never see this set of officials again 😡😡 I’m not as diplomatic as I’m sure Chris will be in his post match interview, the officials today should never be allowed to step onto a pitch again!!!!

I hate losing but will admit we’ve been beaten because we missed too many easy chances too many times already this season, but today we didn’t get a point because of shockingly bad officiating!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Sorry if this upsets but.... we're NOT good enough. Full stop. Regardless of tge ref today, 10 games, no wins, 4 goals , no.points. we can't defend . We can't score. I personally am tired of being told "there good bunch of boys" "we got to try harder" "it's starting to come together " " tge budget is the budget unfortunately " the truth is they are NOT good enough & maybe it's time that some of them are told this. If we are saying Clubs are putting 7 dayers in for our players I can only assume its step 5 & 6 clubs. I havent got the answer to our predicament
Unfortunately, so we need to be prepared for UCL football next season IMO .
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

I totally agree with Dave Albon. The ref was atrocious and the 2 corners he failed to give us in the second half were unforgivable. BUT I have never seen the ball been given away so many times especially in the first half. Apart from the last 15 mins we were absolutely clueless in possession and we were certainly the authors of our own downfall.

Hinckley were not great today and thankfully the leagues leading scorer had an off day - but they were there for the taking and we missed a winnable game.

final word. Their little number 11 was sensational.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Totally agree their No11 was first class little player
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

Oh dear, that was lesson of how to lose a game that we should have won. Fresh talented signings required.
Points out of a possible 30_________0.
Will we be relegated again ?