Lost [ Sat 16th Sep ] v Coventry Sphinx, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Sat 16th Sep ] v Coventry Sphinx, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

diamondsteve wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:46 pm
SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:29 pm
diamondsteve wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:20 pm Maybe Dean & Sutton let go for funds to pay expenses on loan moves , or am I wishful thinking….
Deluded if you think that happens.
Makes sense surely not?
Makes no sense. Unless they are on contracts they don't get paid if they aren't picked and no club will give you fee to loan one of your players, especially when they just sign anyway if the other club are in a different league.

There's nothing to stop a player signing for a club in the Northern League, United Counties League, Spartan South Midlands and Northants Comb.
SimonHillington9
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by SimonHillington9 »

AdamSRJFC wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:48 pm
SimonHillington9 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:32 pm I said all this last summer! Look at my previous posts every1 had something to say then but look where we are now! Last year club got put to its knees by group of people! Now we are in trouble big time!! Very worried! Chip shop treatment against the u16s next year
Very ironic post considering your signature line is: "If you want the rainbow, youve got to put up with the rain".
Yeah it says rain. Not a facking downpour. You no it’s bad when John Dean jumping ship
If you want the rainbow, youve got to put up with the rain
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:30 pm
diamondsteve wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:46 pm
SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:29 pm

Deluded if you think that happens.
Makes sense surely not?
Makes no sense. Unless they are on contracts they don't get paid if they aren't picked and no club will give you fee to loan one of your players, especially when they just sign anyway if the other club are in a different league.

There's nothing to stop a player signing for a club in the Northern League, United Counties League, Spartan South Midlands and Northants Comb.
If we get two loanees in we tell two to leave. It will even the books and stress .
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

SimonHillington9 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:17 pm
SimonHillington9 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:32 pm I said all this last summer! Look at my previous posts every1 had something to say then but look where we are now! Last year club got put to its knees by group of people! Now we are in trouble big time!! Very worried! Chip shop treatment against the u16s next year
Very ironic post considering your signature line is: "If you want the rainbow, youve got to put up with the rain".
Yeah it says rain. Not a facking downpour. You no it’s bad when John Dean jumping ship
There is probably a very good reason Dean and Sutton are longer with the club we just need the Board to announce it.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I guess it would be easier to stay off here this evening but I might as well front up and answer a few things.

Firstly with regards to Dean and Sutton, they haven't been 'taken' by Daventry, haven't 'jumped ship' as such and haven't been let go to free up funds necessarily since if a player isn't involved they don't get paid. We received approaches for both players and they left with the Manager's blessing. I appreciate not everyone will agree with that decision but what we see as fans is 90 minutes on a Saturday. Chris and the other members of the management team see a lot more of them than that and I'm sure would have kept both players if they felt either was integral to getting us out of the position we find ourselves in.

I don't consider this sensitive information so to answer a question posed earlier, the lottery money forms part of the overall budget rather than an additional top up. You can consider it an additional top up if you want considering if it wasn't where, the overall budget would be reduced. It pays a % of the club's wage bill rather than paying for specific players.

It goes without saying that nobody is happy with the current run of results and we can't simply accept losing football matches week after week. Chris knows that more than anyone. We know that, we are not just sitting there with each passing week thinking this is fine. My hope is that he'll turn this around because I think he's a great ambassador for our football club and I know how hard he has worked since the day he took the job to help save the club, help heal the massive disconnect between club and fans and get a team on the pitch that actually wants to be here.

I imagine (but don't know) that there will be some movement in terms of the squad before the next game but for now, it would be amazing if we could get behind Chris and the team as much as we can publicly, rather than hammering all and sundry. I don't want any sympathy and certainly don't expect any but I've nearly killed myself, along with a relatively small band of others, trying my absolute best to make sure this Club doesn't go under again. I've never known stress like it professionally. Sleepless nights over issues that don't make it in to the public domain. Using up my annual leave allowance at my 'real' job to deal with this Club's issues. So to read that the 'Club is in a mess from top to bottom' and 'this Club is embarrassing' is tough. Maybe I should develop thicker skin.

My latest favourite is seeing people referencing the fact we almost made the play-offs at Step 3 18 months ago, either unaware, or forgetting, that the Club was totally unsustainable at that point in time, hemorrhaging money chasing something that we couldn't afford. It was fun though, it's just a shame that whilst we were chasing promotion to Step 2, our attendances were worse than they were at Step 6, otherwise that may be where we'd still be.

I'm rambling now. Keep supporting and keep the faith and let's turn this ship round together. The worst thing any of us can do at this point is walk away. Up the Diamonds.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Jazzy_10
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Jazzy_10 »

We can’t accept losing matches week after week yet here we are almost in October with 0 points, and out of both major cups.

Slightly concerned people are still backing the manager with full confidence. He’s built this team, from players to tactics, and the football has been crap since matchday 1 this season. Are we all backing him just because he’s doing it for free? Feels like it now.

Look what happened when everyone wanted to give Burgess more games to prove himself.

If we all want to be happy to just have a team play every week and lose then what’s the point? We go down again (which is likely) and we’ll have another save our season and blame poor attendances as the budget has been reduced again. Endless cycle.

Hate to say it but every last cent needs throwing at the playing budget to stay up this season. Hope I’m wrong but I think it’s too late…
mattparker
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

Jazzy_10 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:43 pm We can’t accept losing matches week after week yet here we are almost in October with 0 points, and out of both major cups.

Slightly concerned people are still backing the manager with full confidence. He’s built this team, from players to tactics, and the football has been crap since matchday 1 this season. Are we all backing him just because he’s doing it for free? Feels like it now.

Look what happened when everyone wanted to give Burgess more games to prove himself.

If we all want to be happy to just have a team play every week and lose then what’s the point? We go down again (which is likely) and we’ll have another save our season and blame poor attendances as the budget has been reduced again. Endless cycle.

Hate to say it but every last cent needs throwing at the playing budget to stay up this season. Hope I’m wrong but I think it’s too late…
Comments like this just drive me mad, especially straight after Alex has made clear the issues we are facing.
Throw every last cent? We have a manager working for nothing to free up funds. What do we do, not pay our rent, electricity, the taxman,the groundsman?
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

As a fellow director I ask you all to read Alex post very carefully. The Club doesn't have cents to throw away. We are working tirelessly to make sure we have a Club. Chris is the right man for the job. And yes I know some are fed up with hearing it but he is taking no wage. If he did then that would be even less money on the player budget. I know it is not good right now. Chris and the players are hurting the Board are hurting and I know the fanbase is as well. Now more than ever is the time we must all stick together as One Club. We can do this
Dave Bland
Jazzy_10
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Jazzy_10 »

mattparker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:15 am
Jazzy_10 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:43 pm We can’t accept losing matches week after week yet here we are almost in October with 0 points, and out of both major cups.

Comments like this just drive me mad, especially straight after Alex has made clear the issues we are facing.
Throw every last cent? We have a manager working for nothing to free up funds. What do we do, not pay our rent, electricity, the taxman,the groundsman?
Here we go again. Showing up when you don’t like what has been said. I’ll try and explain myself so you don’t send me a threatening message again like last time.

I’d find another manager who can work on a (sigh I’ll say it) ‘shoestring budget’.

But that won’t happen because keeping the current one is the easy option.

For funds, I’ll try and be constructive with ideas, not paying rent and electricity is rather silly mr Parker. We can launch a boost a budget campaign, use more of the player lottery, or…try (and more controversially) to advertise and push to get investment into the club because let’s face it, the fan owned model is dead at this level
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Only seems to pop up to post something negative then accuses people of being “a friend of the board” and “living in an echo chamber” when they have a differing opinion.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73