Lost [ Sat 16th Sep ] v Coventry Sphinx, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Re: [ Sat 16th Sep ] v Coventry Sphinx, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by diamondsteve »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:29 pm
diamondsteve wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:20 pm Maybe Dean & Sutton let go for funds to pay expenses on loan moves , or am I wishful thinking….
Deluded if you think that happens.
Makes sense surely not?
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Still believe we have the best man for the job, need to back him.
AdamSRJFC
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by AdamSRJFC »

SimonHillington9 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:32 pm I said all this last summer! Look at my previous posts every1 had something to say then but look where we are now! Last year club got put to its knees by group of people! Now we are in trouble big time!! Very worried! Chip shop treatment against the u16s next year
Very ironic post considering your signature line is: "If you want the rainbow, youve got to put up with the rain".
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interview with AFCRDTV

Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:47 pm Still believe we have the best man for the job, need to back him.
I do still believe this... just. I do back him and am still clinging onto what is looking to be an increasingly optimistic hope that like last season, once we get that first good result then our form will change.

But we can't go on like this for much longer, if we get to 10 games and still haven't won, then can we really afford to not make changes?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Olly wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:32 pm
fentiger79 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:47 pm Still believe we have the best man for the job, need to back him.
I do still believe this... just. I do back him and am still clinging onto what is looking to be an increasingly optimistic hope that like last season, once we get that first good result then our form will change.

But we can't go on like this for much longer, if we get to 10 games and still haven't won, then can we really afford to not make changes?
Blind faith rewards no one. Nunn has a handful of games to turn this around. I back him to do it, but time is running out.

I fully expect the board to be having regular discussions on the current unsatisfactory situation. If results were not to improve over the next few games then the board must have a process and timeline in place.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I would get this normally but who comes in? With the budget and the restrictions. I doubt a list would be very long. It doesn’t matter if Klopp or Pep was managing us at the moment, the team is the team and the manager can’t legislate for a second half like that. As a defender one of the biggest rules is don’t let the ball bounce, taught that since school. What do we do, exactly that. Doesn’t matter how much work we do in training, how much we spend on a player, who they are, you do that you probably get punished. At the moment every little thing is getting punished. Never known luck like it in football.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 49 times

Post by rickthediamond »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:54 pm I would get this normally but who comes in? With the budget and the restrictions. I doubt a list would be very long. It doesn’t matter if Klopp or Pep was managing us at the moment, the team is the team and the manager can’t legislate for a second half like that. As a defender one of the biggest rules is don’t let the ball bounce, taught that since school. What do we do, exactly that. Doesn’t matter how much work we do in training, how much we spend on a player, who they are, you do that you probably get punished. At the moment every little thing is getting punished. Never known luck like it in football.
If we don’t get any points in the next 3 games, the club has to act, regardless of whether there are not many options available in terms of a replacement. We are a football club, and please tell me what manager keeps their job after 9 straight defeats? You’ll be hard pressed to find frequent examples. We are in a more unique scenario at our club where we are privy to a lot of the behind the scenes context, so we are more understanding of our current predicament. However, with that said - you really cannot let it continue on much longer regardless of the context. No one wants a repeat of the environment around the club that was created last year by failing to act. Like others have said above, I do still think Chris can turn it around… but the table doesn’t lie and the squad needs some major additions in this 2 week break. Luckily it looks like Chris is going to be on the hunt for some worthy new squad members.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

rickthediamond wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:04 pm
fentiger79 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:54 pm I would get this normally but who comes in? With the budget and the restrictions. I doubt a list would be very long. It doesn’t matter if Klopp or Pep was managing us at the moment, the team is the team and the manager can’t legislate for a second half like that. As a defender one of the biggest rules is don’t let the ball bounce, taught that since school. What do we do, exactly that. Doesn’t matter how much work we do in training, how much we spend on a player, who they are, you do that you probably get punished. At the moment every little thing is getting punished. Never known luck like it in football.
If we don’t get any points in the next 3 games, the club has to act, regardless of whether there are not many options available in terms of a replacement. We are a football club, and please tell me what manager keeps their job after 9 straight defeats? You’ll be hard pressed to find frequent examples. We are in a more unique scenario at our club where we are privy to a lot of the behind the scenes context, so we are more understanding of our current predicament. However, with that said - you really cannot let it continue on much longer regardless of the context. No one wants a repeat of the environment around the club that was created last year by failing to act. Like others have said above, I do still think Chris can turn it around… but the table doesn’t lie and the squad needs some major additions in this 2 week break. Luckily it looks like Chris is going to be on the hunt for some worthy new squad members.
No disrespect, but Chris brought these current players in & they haven't delivered, so I would be very surprised if he can suddenly bring in what we need, regardless of our budget situation. I would hope that we can tap up some loans like last season to assist us. Both Anker & Waller were both at step 5 prior to joining us so hopefully MK can help us again🤞
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Yes, who knows who comes in, and no, the list wouldn't be very long with where we're at right now, but if something isn't working, then you've got to consider change surely? We're not exactly going to have queues of experienced managers at our door, but there might be some up-and-coming young manager at step 4/5 that might like to prove themselves here, we are still one of the bigger clubs in the local area.

Even Chris himself isn't claiming it is just a case of bad luck, once again, if we took our chances and didn't make amateurish mistakes at the back, it would have been a different story.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308