Lost [ Sat 9th Sep ] v Loughborough Dynamo, KO 3pm FAT1RQ AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: [ Sat 9th Sep ] v Loughborough Dynamo, KO 3pm FAT1RQ AWAY

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Listened on Radio Diamonds, and we were on top especially in the second half. But story of the season, we’re getting the chances, but just can’t put them away.

Let’s hope we can kick start our season against Coventry Spinx, I truly believe a win is getting closer.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Easton Diamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Easton Diamond »

Absolutely gutted about going out but that was an excellent performance all round. After hitting the crossbar, post and creating two one on one chances, I just cannot for the life of me work out how we didn’t win that tie in normal time. It just sums up the way things are going for us at the moment but the tide will most definitely turn.

Anderson looked a constant threat on the left hand side and what a fantastic finish for his goal. Kerins and Harriman were solid at centre half whilst Edge and Johnston looked a handful up front. Every single player put in a shift and performed well. It was nice to see us get back on level terms after going behind because mostly when we go a goal down it’s pretty much game over. I really felt we were going to get that winner in the second half but we just couldn’t finish off those opportunities. We did everything but score the second goal. Rose got so very close to saving some of the penalties and unfortunately the single miss from Jones cost us.

If that was a league game it would’ve been a good point away from home so some perspective is needed. It’s going to take us a bit of time to get it right but I have a feeling once we get that first win this team will fly. Keep the faith and onto Coventry Sphinx next weekend.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights from AFCRDTV