Lost [ Sat 12th Aug ] v Sporting Khalsa, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 12th Aug ] v Sporting Khalsa, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Match details

Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sat 12th Aug ] v Sporting Khalsa, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Now we’re in the North! Updated signage received Monday evening and fitted by DavidH lunchtime Tuesday.

IMG_1541.jpeg
IMG_1541.jpeg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 13979 times
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Come on guys, get down to Hayden Road on Saturday. Let's give these boys the big crowd they deserve.

I'm sure we can get a bigger crowd than anything we saw last year. Up the Diamonds.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Can’t wait for this, I think we are in a good place both on and off the pitch and a sense of positivity has been restored. We have a tough start to this league but I have faith that we can do well this year. We know the crazy money being chucked around at other teams and we can never compete with that but just look at what we did at the tail end of last season. Let’s hope for 3 points Saturday.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

I think there is a new feeling about the club and i am sure the crowds will be up as well
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Really hoping for a big crowd. Please, everyone who was at the legends game who either hasn’t been to an AFCRD game or hasn’t been in a long time, give the club a chance to win you back. AFCRD is RDFC’s legacy, and if you loved the old club, I have absolutely no doubts that you will love the new one. COYD!
Lee Tomlin la la la
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

I'd imagine Chris Nunn us going to have somewhat of a selection headache agead if this one, as only around half the team have probably pkayed themselves in. Would have thought (obviously) rose, kerins, massingham, harriman, johnstone and probably glennon will start, the other 5 will be hard to call. I Think that thomas and anderson shouid start, but the other positions would be a toss up between, agemoh-davies or garwood, sutton or dean and pinto-leite or white and even cordon would be within a shout, he did well last night. That would also leave lorraine, jones, briggs, tagoe, fighting for a place on the bench, but all could start if Nunn prefers. This has to be the closest squad in capabilities we've ever had. Be interesting to see what we go with
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I was going to post a very similar comment. I reckon maybe 6 definite starters but other five anybody guess. We currently have a squad of 20 and probably 3 or 4 are outside chance of making the final16. Very difficult to assess the strength of our squad based solely on PSF's. The last 10 games of last season showed considerable progress had been made since Nunn took charge. Where we lacked was in scoring goals and Johnstone, Jones and Anderson do seem to go some way to solving that deficiency. I really don't know much if anything of our opponents in this league. Corby, Spalding, Harborough and Anstey appear to have financial clout but so many unknowns we can't take anyone for granted. To maintain our positive momentum, both on and off the pitch, we need some good performances at home and have at least 2 or 3 FA Cup wins. So let's start with this Saturday. One final thought do we still have 3 from 5 subs rule?
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Yes it's a really difficult place to be, a good problem for the manager. Midfield is the question for me, Jones and Anderson should start up front and the back 5 are fairly set. I want an all action middle of the park so we start high tempo.
AFC R & D member number 34
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Unreal headache for Chris. Vs Luton the fringe really stepped up & some standouts for me which deserve to start corden ,Tahoe & Davies

Davies & Johnston looked decent down the right 2nd half the link up play , Johnston making intelligent runs , so much better than kerrins & garwood .

Need to start Anderson as for a small lad he holds the ball up better than anyone we’ve had .

The best thing is this squad has so much room to get better. Compared to the big signing clubs which are at the peak already