[ Sat 29th Jul ] v RHUFC, KO 1pm PSF AWAY @HaydenRd

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 29th Jul ] v RHUFC, KO 1pm PSF AWAY @HaydenRd

Post by Dazzler »

It's the annual Chris Ruff Memorial match on Saturday. AFCRD are the away team.

Details to follow.
Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Sat 29th Jul ] v RHUFC, KO 1PM PSF AWAY @HaydenRd

Post by Dazzler »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:45 am I realise that we will be asking fans to attend Hayden Road a fair bit over the coming week.

For those that don't know, and I didn't before I came on to the board, the traditional fixture against Rushden & Higham is a fundraiser for both clubs, with the proceeds going in to a shared pot, used for pitch work, stadium maintenance etc. Basically half of whatever we make on Sat essentially knocks £ off the cost to AFC R&D of these essential works.

Also on the day, the players themselves will be having a whip round for Ryan Hughes.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Note: This is a 1pm kick off
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Although this is an away match for us, the main turnstiles will be open for access, rather than via the bar as for normal RHUFC matches.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

It's difficult to pick the bones out of a game like this, we just ran away from them in the second half but at least our strikers got some finishing practice.
I was close to the sending off incident. It was a foul even though the ball was taken first, and I thought the referee was a bit harsh with the red. Chris Nunn did the right thing by asking the ref to substitute him instead.
AFC R & D member number 34
@fan89footy
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by @fan89footy »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:08 am It's difficult to pick the bones out of a game like this, we just ran away from them in the second half but at least our strikers got some finishing practice.
I was close to the sending off incident. It was a foul even though the ball was taken first, and I thought the referee was a bit harsh with the red. Chris Nunn did the right thing by asking the ref to substitute him instead.
Very fair comments, that was my take of the incident as well. Fair play to Chris Nunn for his decision. I've never spoken to him personally but he seems a quality guy.