Drawn [ Tue 21st Mar ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 7:45pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Re: [ Tue 21st Mar ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 7:45pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Dbsl »

Just back from a game where I watched us dominate large junks of the game. But for some decent saves by their keeper and yet another blind referee we would and deserved to have had 3pts. Sneds cathes the ball spins round and has the ball knocked out of his grasp for their goal. Well done lads. Good solid performance
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

May be an odd thing to say but I'm more pleased with the draw tonight than our last win, the win came in a match where we would have been lucky to get a draw but the draw tonight came in a game where every single player was committed to the cause and they played as a team. We have shown glimpses of this over the past few months but tonight they all seemed focussed and determined to get something from the game.

When no matter how well a player plays they end up on the losing team every week it must be so hard to motivate them, Chris Nunn hasn't publicly crucified the team, he's stood by them and been happy to shoulder the blame, I don't know how he has motivated them to put in such a good performance on a Tuesday night with nothing to play for in the league but the players clearly respect him and understand what he wants from them.

I don't know how many of Will Glennon's 25 Bugbrooke goals were penalties? but going by the way he calmly stuck that away he's surely put a few away before.

All in all an enjoyable evening 💎
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times