Lost [ Sat 4th Mar ] v Mickleover Sports, KO 3pm HOME SLPDC

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: [ Sat 4th Mar ] v Mickleover Sports, KO 3pm HOME SLPDC

Post by Olly »

Typical of this season, we matched them first half, yes another early goal conceded, but there wasn't a whole lot between us and a team just outside the playoffs in the first 45 I thought, we defended well, created a few chances and got a well deserved and well worked goal just before half time which was really pleasing to see.

And then the second half was the usual dross we've been used to this season, amateur mistakes at the back, creating nothing going forward and being simply outplayed all half.

Nunns record is indeed woeful so far, yes, worse than Burge and Maxwell's and we stand at what I make to be 15 defeats in our last 16 games which is horrific. But, while it is incredibly frustrating to see little improvement with yet another manager, think we've just got to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, he's managed to reduce our wage budget and got rid of Burge's dross at least, has the experience and knowledge of step 3 & 4 and I've got to say when listening to his interviews I do get the sense he is the man to take the club forward, I do like his passion, but also his honesty as well.

Time will tell, but I think we've got to give him the opportunity to build his own team and have a go at step 4.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Rushdenjim wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:33 pm Interested to see Nunn's record thus far! Eight straight defeats despite numerous team changes.

I can imagine given the big media push around his appointment that the new board would have expect more at this point.

At what are we allowed to criticise Nunn?

Not asking for his head, but his record is woefully ridiculous and no one seems to be questioning it. He's probably got a worse record than Burge!
Christ on a bike Jim, were you not paying attention at the meetings that actually saved our club? Without that intervention we'd have folded by February this year at the latest. The board has had to find a way of paying off that manager, several contracted players and restart the club from a standing start with next to no budget nor income. No money = crap team. It doesn't matter who was appointed manager under those conditions, it was always going to be a busted flush.
I'd say next Christmas is the time we should be looking at performances and results.
AFC R & D member number 34
Ricky330
Has Liked: 301 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Rushdenjim wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:33 pm Interested to see Nunn's record thus far! Eight straight defeats despite numerous team changes.

I can imagine given the big media push around his appointment that the new board would have expect more at this point.

Not asking for his head, but his record is woefully ridiculous and no one seems to be questioning it. He's probably got a worse record than Burge!
Have to agree with this (& I'm a huge Nunny fan)
Regardless of how little money we have, these are mostly Nunnys players. Not Burgess or Maxwell.
I'm sure we train hard week in & week out, but the minute we kick off we seem to have absolutely no idea of how to.play football. the main aim seems to be if it comes near me just kick it away?? These are lads pertaining to be semi Pro footballers. Effort (running around a pitch) is not enough if your taking the wage. I'm so disappointed with what Nunn has delivered so far.Apologies if this offends, its just my opinion.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Ricky330 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:20 pm

Have to agree with this (& I'm a huge Nunny fan)
Regardless of how little money we have, these are mostly Nunnys players. Not Burgess or Maxwell.
I'm sure we train hard week in & week out, but the minute we kick off we seem to have absolutely no idea of how to.play football. the main aim seems to be if it comes near me just kick it away?? These are lads pertaining to be semi Pro footballers. Effort (running around a pitch) is not enough if your taking the wage. I'm so disappointed with what Nunn has delivered so far.Apologies if this offends, its just my opinion.
I really don't want to be the board member coming on the forum endorsing positive comments and condemning those being pessimistic, but Three of Diamonds post pretty much sums it up for me. I completely get that the results under Chris so far wouldn't ordinarily be considered acceptable, but unfortunately given the circumstances it's ended up being inevitable. I'm sure you, like me, just want to see the back of this season so we can start again and hit the reset button.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Jazzy_10
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Jazzy_10 »

I share the same sentiment as most after that game. Really disappointed with the player recruitment so far. Call me controversial but as this season is done for, I’d stop signing loan players, and bin half this team right now and save on wages for the rest of the season. Just fill the gap with our youth/academy players. Look at how many are joining and leaving so quickly, what’s the point? Season’s over. If moneys such a problem this could save us plenty to build a real pot for next year.

Majority of these players aren’t good enough for step 4 let alone step 3. They’ll either all be gone come summer or we’ll be watching another relegation battle next season… hope I’m wrong, obviously.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Jazzy_10 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:30 pm I share the same sentiment as most after that game. Really disappointed with the player recruitment so far. Call me controversial but as this season is done for, I’d stop signing loan players, and bin half this team right now and save on wages for the rest of the season. Just fill the gap with our youth/academy players. Look at how many are joining and leaving so quickly, what’s the point? Season’s over. If moneys such a problem this could save us plenty to build a real pot for next year.

Majority of these players aren’t good enough for step 4 let alone step 3. They’ll either all be gone come summer or we’ll be watching another relegation battle next season… hope I’m wrong, obviously.
We are hitting the reset button. If they want to stay I’d keep Sneds Hughes & Luke

The way this seasons going to end will hit hard the season ticket purchases. We have to hope that if we hit the new season running we can claw back some fans and get a 400+ crowd straight away . Nunn won’t be immune next season though and he will know this, a mad state of affairs atm.

Good news that we will have the kitchen up and running and making a bit of profit each game day, might even be enough for a player
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I know it's tough being a Diamonds supporter at the moment, we all feel it, but we have to have faith in our people that going forwards it SHALL turn. The club was in a terminal state, and we will be in a reset situation for the rest of this season and we could well lose every game until it's over but it is OUR club and it SHALL turn.
This is our Weymouth moment, hold your fire and keep it burning bright - for the future is not far away and it SHALL turn.
💎💎💎💎💎💎
AFC R & D member number 34
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Hughes, Messingham and Pattison plus the French keeper maybe and possibly Corden and White. Really can't see Snedker enduring yet another season. I agree Motm award is an embarrassment to players and fans alike at the moment. We might just as well give it to Snedker Before every game.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:49 am Hughes, Messingham and Pattison plus the French keeper maybe and possibly Corden and White. Really can't see Snedker enduring yet another season. I agree Motm award is an embarrassment to players and fans alike at the moment. We might just as well give it to Snedker Before every game.
I skip past the motm player post interviews now , just irrelevant and doubt the player wants a chat after yet another L
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

Find it quite embarrassing that all I’m seeing is ‘At least they’re trying’ or ‘We can see they’re giving 100%’
We are bottom with 1 win in about 87. It should be the minimum. Hopefully not too many fans stay away in the last 10 games and don’t come back.