Lost [ Sat 4th Mar ] v Mickleover Sports, KO 3pm HOME SLPDC

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 4th Mar ] v Mickleover Sports, KO 3pm HOME SLPDC

Post by Dazzler »

Match details

Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Sat 4th Mar ] v Mickleover Sports, KO 3pm HOME SLPDC

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Match day!

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I thought we were in this game until half time, but then the inevitable happened and we were blown away in the second.
I was really hoping that we'd be starting to build a team ready for next season, but it's clearly not possible given the financial restrictions the club is currently operating under.
The end of the season is a painful wait away.
AFC R & D member number 34
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

The loss of Luke Messingham was a big part of our second half problems - lets hope its not too bad an injury. Next season cannot come quick enough for me and some big off the field decisions need to be made once this campaign has ended.

Oh and can we scrap the MOM awards please. Snedker saved us on countless occasions and was clearly MOM. Corden had a poor game by his standards overhitting corners and losing the ball in midfield too many times. Joyce had a shocker but I liked the new lad from Posh while not for the first time Mitch White had something about him when playing in the back 3.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Interested to see Nunn's record thus far! Eight straight defeats despite numerous team changes.

I can imagine given the big media push around his appointment that the new board would have expect more at this point.

At what are we allowed to criticise Nunn?

Not asking for his head, but his record is woefully ridiculous and no one seems to be questioning it. He's probably got a worse record than Burge!
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Rushdenjim wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:33 pm At what are we allowed to criticise Nunn?

Not asking for his head, but his record is woefully ridiculous and no one seems to be questioning it. He's probably got a worse record than Burge!
Probably true but Burgess dug the hole and got us into huge mess, not just on the pitch but also financially.
Every manager after Burgess has been restricted in what they can do because of the mess Burgess made, Nunn has made many changes but the ones who are not on loan are mostly from a lower league which I believe is an indicator of where we are financially.

If Nunn had the budget that Burgess had at the start of the season I would expect us to be in the top half. Right now though, good, proven players are not going to be wanting to join a relegation battle unless we start paying silly money so all we can hope for is perhaps bring in some more lower league players and see if we can find some more Luke Massingham's for next season.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎