Lost [ Sat 18th Feb ] v Hednesford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
RyanDoveFanClub
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: [ Sat 18th Feb ] v Hednesford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by RyanDoveFanClub »

Lawman wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:46 pm
RyanDoveFanClub wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:00 pm Judging by his tweets, seems that Matt Hawkins has stepped down from socials again. Is there still an issue with that department at the club?
What's this got to do with the Hednesford result.
Your speculative toxic comments are completely unhelpful whilst members and volunteers are endeavouring to correct the current situation
Wasn't meant as any of that and I'm sorry that I didn't phrase it better. Just was concerned that there were still issues at the club that we suffered before. Posted it on this thread as the pictures posted of the result by Matt were of the latest game. Glad to hear we're sorting things
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights from AFCRDTV

Note: Water on lens impacted parts of 2nd half footage, so missed the away goal and left hand defensive action. Need some more RainX.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

corby diamond wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:23 pm That’s why I’ve decided to stay away at the moment.. fair play to the people who travel further but I can’t justify the entrance fee and 40 mile round trip on this week in week out.. it’s bad enough reading the Twitter updates or this forum, but watching a team who has gone through an embarrassing number of players this season, no thanks..

I don’t expect winning constantly, but a point now and again would be nice.. I just can’t get to grips with all these incomings, and then they leave a week later. There will be 10-15 new faces come august. I just don’t find this appealing whatsoever and I’m sure there are plenty who think the same. Some old long term supporters just don’t post on here anymore..
Don't mean to call you out specifically on this Corby Diamond as I know you've said previously that financial reasons mean it's not easy to attend at the moment which is absolutely fair enough. However, I can't stress enough that if everybody took this stance between now and the end of the season then we will have a massive problem.

I'm under absolutely no illusions that the next couple of months are going to be a really hard slog and a tough watch at times but this is our club, run by fans for the fans. Abandoning the club now because we've had a truly awful season is shortsighted and the financial implications of getting 200 through the gate on a Saturday don't bear thinking about.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Disappointed but not surprised with the attendances. The attendance this past weekend of 299 needs to be an eye opener for those who are taking a stubborn stance on getting down to Hayden Road. I completely understand if people can’t attend for personal reasons or financial reasons, however we really need as many people coming through the door regardless of how poor we are on the pitch. We are fan funded club, and unfortunately we can’t sustain attendances like that. We don’t have anybody who can continue to bankroll us. For those that were not at the EGM when Maxwell was in charge, the finances were in an absolute state. Everybody wants us to compete next year at Step 4, but if our attendances continue to drop to circa 200, we will be in serious trouble. How do you expect to compete with teams such as Harborough who have similar if not better attendances, and a much bigger budget? At the end of the day, I understand that good performances on the pitch bring more fans through the gate… but to see how many people have already stopped coming after all the hard graft over the last 12 years, it is disheartening.
Lee Tomlin la la la
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Attendances have been poor overall since we moved to Hayden Road. I can’t quote any figures, as the attendances don’t seem to be stated on match reports from last season.

A few weeks ago someone posted on a Facebook group encouraging people to come and watch a game, which got mixed results, most responded with the laughing emoji, a few asked when the next game was, but I guess the people of Rushden would rather sit at home in their armchair watching premier league football, or travel to watch a team out of town at the moment.

I’ve said it before, but it’s really disheartening seeing people walk around Rushden wearing shirts of Premier League sides, I doubt very few of them have ever been to see them play, unfortunately that’s a consequence of the premier league era.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:13 pm Attendances have been poor overall since we moved to Hayden Road. I can’t quote any figures, as the attendances don’t seem to be stated on match reports from last season.

A few weeks ago someone posted on a Facebook group encouraging people to come and watch a game, which got mixed results, most responded with the laughing emoji, a few asked when the next game was, but I guess the people of Rushden would rather sit at home in their armchair watching premier league football, or travel to watch a team out of town at the moment.

I’ve said it before, but it’s really disheartening seeing people walk around Rushden wearing shirts of Premier League sides, I doubt very few of them have ever been to see them play, unfortunately that’s a consequence of the premier league era.
The attendances for all of our seasons are on the corresponding stats pages - e.g. https://www.afcdiamonds.com/2021-22-pla ... tch-stats/ - which can be found in the list here - https://www.afcdiamonds.com/afc-rushden ... s-archive/

The current info in a similar format is here - https://www.afcdiamonds.com/first-team-stats/
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Formic wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:32 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:13 pm Attendances have been poor overall since we moved to Hayden Road. I can’t quote any figures, as the attendances don’t seem to be stated on match reports from last season.

The attendances for all of our seasons are on the corresponding stats pages - e.g. https://www.afcdiamonds.com/2021-22-pla ... tch-stats/ - which can be found in the list here - https://www.afcdiamonds.com/afc-rushden ... s-archive/

The current info in a similar format is here - https://www.afcdiamonds.com/first-team-stats/
Thank you for that Formic.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:13 pm I’ve said it before, but it’s really disheartening seeing people walk around Rushden wearing shirts of Premier League sides, I doubt very few of them have ever been to see them play, unfortunately that’s a consequence of the premier league era.
Football Shirt Day - Wear your football shirt, doesn't matter what team, get in for a fiver
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:59 pm Football Shirt Day - Wear your football shirt, doesn't matter what team, get in for a fiver
Good Idea however i don't thinks its the correct time to do this as i think we need a fairly good chance of winning and scoring GOALS to encourage people to come back, we have enough problems with attracting our own fan base back at present with the current results.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

I don't think it's fair to say the people of Rushden would rather sit in their arm chairs.

Cost of living - we have been in a relegation battle since September, some wont want to spend over a tenner on admission costs + travel costs just to see us losing. Energy has gone up, food has gone up and there's no sign of it coming down, people are trying to save every penny.

The football club also needs every penny but if you try to have a holiday every year you may now need to save the football money to be able to afford the holiday.

There isn't really a solution, we just need to hope we can hang on to as many loyal fans as possible, maybe do one of those 12th man schemes where the fans can sign a player, as for new fans, relegation could benefit us if it gives us a chance to have a season of high flying promotion chasing.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎