Lost [ Sat 18th Feb ] v Hednesford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Re: [ Sat 18th Feb ] v Hednesford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by gibston »

First tough season as afcrd. Not judging current manager on the mess that was left, think we're lucky to have a club still. We just need the season done & hopefully better things to look forward too next season.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

That’s relegation pretty much confirmed to be honest.

I’m not going to judge Nunn, he’s doing the best he can after the complete and utter mess Burgess left us in. All about rebuilding now, however long that may take.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Totally agree, let’s just get this season done and be grateful that the decisions the new board have made enable us to have a club. Relegation was happening g a long time before Nunn joined and whilst we all probably thought it nobody is going to come out and say it. With the need to cut the budget and save money the managers job is pretty impossible, if you think we are going to pick up points with the squad we have it’s probably not going to happen but we will keep trying, I will keep going. What the short term pain will give us is a chance to rebuild in the league below. Not the end of the world and I think the signings of Massingham and Pattison are the first steps in that rebuild.
Rushdenanddiamonds
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Rushdenanddiamonds »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:29 pm That’s relegation pretty much confirmed to be honest.

I’m not going to judge Nunn, he’s doing the best he can after the complete and utter mess Burgess left us in. All about rebuilding now, however long that may take.
When you say the mess Burgess left us in do you mean finances?
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

Let's be honest here. He spent all the money and brought in players that were not physical enough to survive in this league.
Also, he was given the funds. Budget out the window. The previous board are responsible for giving him whatever he wanted, regardless of budget.
Thankfully we've now got good people sorting the mess out. We'll be a division lower but we'll still have a club.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
AFCRD_Dan

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Rushdenanddiamonds wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:54 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:29 pm That’s relegation pretty much confirmed to be honest.

Signed players that were clearly not good enough, overspent massively on the budget. Granted he wasn’t 100% to blame, as he got the okay to do so from the previous board.

I’m convinced had we appointed Nunn instead of Burgess we’d at least have been able to keep some of the players we had last season, and Nunn wouldn’t have come out with comments like “I’m not going to cry over losing two players” after Bully and Collard left. Comments like that rub players up the wrong way, who wants to play for a manager who shows a complete lack of respect to players at the club like that?
Rushdenanddiamonds
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Rushdenanddiamonds »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:27 am

Signed players that were clearly not good enough, overspent massively on the budget. Granted he wasn’t 100% to blame, as he got the okay to do so from the previous board.

I’m convinced had we appointed Nunn instead of Burgess we’d at least have been able to keep some of the players we had last season, and Nunn wouldn’t have come out with comments like “I’m not going to cry over losing two players” after Bully and Collard left. Comments like that rub players up the wrong way, who wants to play for a manager who shows a complete lack of respect to players at the club like that?
I agree with the fact that some of the players weren’t good enough. I don’t know anything about the finance side of things so that’s fair enough. However regarding bully and collard why should he worry about two players who left for more money. There is no loyalty in football especially at this level so why shouldn’t he say that seeing they had already led the club 🤷‍♀️
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Well its official after yesterday we are the worst team in the League we lost to what now officially is the 2nd worst team in the League.

Next season if we keep good Sponsors and the fans keep rallying round should we start with a fair budget to build
a decent team with a manager that knows thee level we will be playing at.

Don't get me wrong but it may take a couple of seasons or more to get back to level 3 we always will come up against the like of a Peterborough Sports,
etc with a Owner throwing money at getting promotion, our budget is fairly restricted and not one that we can just put our hands in a pocket and throw in an extra 50K if ever needed, also if we find a golden nugget of a player it wont be long before they are poached.

I think our fans base will hover more round the 300-400 mark next season.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
AFCRD_Dan

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Rushdenanddiamonds wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:49 am

I agree with the fact that some of the players weren’t good enough. I don’t know anything about the finance side of things so that’s fair enough. However regarding bully and collard why should he worry about two players who left for more money. There is no loyalty in football especially at this level so why shouldn’t he say that seeing they had already led the club 🤷‍♀️
It was unprofessional of him to make a comment like that, he may have been annoyed that they decided to leave, but he should have just wished them the best and thanked them for their efforts. Considering Bully was at the club since the first season he deserved more respect. Peaks would never have made a comment like that, and Nunn has shown he doesn’t begrudge players leaving, and doesn’t cry about players leaving and disrespect those players.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:19 am
Rushdenanddiamonds wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:49 am

It was unprofessional of him to make a comment like that, he may have been annoyed that they decided to leave, but he should have just wished them the best and thanked them for their efforts. Considering Bully was at the club since the first season he deserved more respect. Peaks would never have made a comment like that, and Nunn has shown he doesn’t begrudge players leaving, and doesn’t cry about players leaving and disrespect those players.
He's made a poor choice of comments all his career. Remembering his columns in 442 magazine and articles for rdfc's matchday program, with opinions like Rooney and Gerrard were not world class players. Also berated premiership players over Twitter. Very opinionated character, who's thoughts couldn't be more left fielded if he tried!