Lost [ Sat 4th Feb ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Easton Diamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: [ Sat 4th Feb ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Easton Diamond »

Well after the 7-0 annihilation at Hayden Road earlier this season in truth I don’t think we could’ve expected yesterday to go much better. We were quite simply beaten by the superior team, although this time left with our dignity intact. With Massingham and Hughes not playing it was always going to be even harder to cope with Coalville and you always felt they had extra gears to go into if required.

Throughout the season our marking from set-pieces has been suspect and their first goal was far too easy. At this or any level of football, you cannot allow the opposition free headers from corners and crosses. The second goal was a great strike from Chambers to be fair from 20 yards and it was an expert finish by Kee from the edge of the box for the third. Those extra bits of quality make all the difference. We at least looked more energised when the subs came on and started to compete a lot better. The lads battled until the last whistle and never let the scoreline get out of hand which was important for our pride. Pattison looks like a decent find for us and Anker has attacking flair and a bright future.

With Barwell, Needham Market and Hednesford coming up next we should have a realistic chance of putting some points on the board. We have persisted with playing a lone striker all season and it just has not worked. I’d like to see us go with Burnside and Cooper up front next week as a partnership and offer more of a threat. Let’s take the game next Saturday by the scruff of the neck and really go for the win from the start.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights and interviews from AFCRDTV

Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Easton Diamond wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:01 pm

With Barwell, Needham Market and Hednesford coming up next we should have a realistic chance of putting some points on the board. We have persisted with playing a lone striker all season and it just has not worked. I’d like to see us go with Burnside and Cooper up front next week as a partnership and offer more of a threat. Let’s take the game next Saturday by the scruff of the neck and really go for the win from the start.
This. Though as we have been all season, we need another striker with Tali gone and Dean seeming not ready if he is playing for BPW. Jensens effort can't be faulted, but I can't understand why Chris is persisting with a tactic that hasn't worked all season, Jensen could do with a strike partner.

Not expecting any miraculous escape now of course, but we still have a lot of pride to regain after an embarrassing season. At the very least we should be looking to get off the bottom of the table which is doable, Chris has come into an unenviable mess obviously, but for me I still would like to see at least a small improvement in results in this final section of the season and see that he can put together a team that gives us optimism for the future.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
mattparker
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

When 3-0 down and Sneads was receiving treatment Nunn called all the outfield players over for a team talk and said ‘ if we lose we lose fighting’ which I guess is all we want for the rest of the season too
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »