Lost [ Sat 28th Jan ] v Stratford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: [ Sat 28th Jan ] v Stratford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Olly »

Rushdenanddiamonds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:15 am Again that’s your opinion. I don’t know anything about finances but purely on football terms burgess football was a lot more attractive than what I saw under Maxwell and so far Nunn. Yesterday was crying out for football on the floor against 10 men but neither Nunn or the players could figure that out
What good is it to play attractive football if you're losing each week and are rock bottom? Yes, there may have been occasions where Burge got his team playing some nice football, the Ilkeston home game if I remember rightly, but they still were hopeless and the declining crowds under Burge show that you're probably on your own with this!

Reality is, Burge and giving him the job based on talk and promises of contacts has set our club back massively, yes we lost key players and probably would have been up against it regardless this season, but had we had a manager who had any kind of experience in or around this level, I certainly don't think we would have been effectively relegated in January. We went from being an established step 3 club and hopes (albeit slim hopes) of step 2 football to relegation to step 4 in the span of 12 months. I'm hopeful for the future and the new board is doing a fantastic job so far but from a footballing point of view the last 12 months has been a horror show.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Rushdenanddiamonds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:25 am This is going to be an unpopular opinion. I thought the e football Burgess played was the best I have seen in the last few years. I would even say it was even better than what we saw under Peaks. The football Peaks used to play wasn’t great to watch but he got the results. At least Burgess had an identity of what he was trying to do. But as usual in football managers don’t get long enough.
I could respond to this properly but there's a chance I might end up finding out if forum posts have a character limit.

In short, if he was given 1 more minute it would have been too long.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Olly

Post by Olly »

Ricky330 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:20 pm
STAGMAN wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:46 am Funnily enough i thought the performance was not that bad with some good individual performances from some of the new players, i think that the lads Chris Nunn has signed will for the majority gel together well and we should look forward to next season with a new optimisum. Of course one or two of them will fall by the way side but onwards and upwards
Agree. Thought we were much more solid & organised at the back. (Evans had his best game IMO) Atcha & Pattinson can develop into a good midfield presence. Anker Tee & Kanga look exciting, but (and its a big but) we still desperately need a decent striker (like Ty/ young Tom Lorraine) For all Coopers youthful endeavour, I don't think he cuts it as a lone striker unfortunately. Will work better alongside a target man/holdup man IMO
Got to feel for Jensen, he has been alone up front chasing shadows for 6 months pretty much now, I admire his effort, but it is so blatantly obvious he isn't cut out for being a lone striker and is in desperate need of a strike partner, it was obvious months ago yet why have we not learnt? You need someone strong, ideally with a bit of height and experience against tough defenders at the very least, Jensen has pace but currently lacks the other qualities needed, give him a chance with Burnside up front.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

Rushdenanddiamonds
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Rushdenanddiamonds »

The worrying thing is that there are people on this forum who think we looked ok yesterday and were actually in the game😂😂😂😂
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Rushdenanddiamonds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:29 pm The worrying thing is that there are people on this forum who think we looked ok yesterday and were actually in the game😂😂😂😂
I see we have at least 3 wind up merchants from Kettrin (or is it at least one talking to himself making 2) on here now that we are fairly confirmed as having a Relegation spot unless miracles happen but the really sad thing is we will miss the derby match as they come down and we go down, shame really.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

I cant believe that we are having this conversation!!

Under the new board:-

Yes we are probably heading for step 4 but we have our football club BACK!
We have our fans BACK with back to back attendances over 400.
We have a proper football manager again who, believe me, has worked miracles cutting the budget and persuading players to join us on less money than they were on! We need to leave Chris to do what he does best MANAGE!!!
We have communication BACK! Wasn't it good to see Ellie handing out Lottery leaflets yesterday?
We have our media team BACK with twitter feed/communication back to its best.

But most of all we have our volunteers BACK and doing an amazing job.

Our new board is doing a fantastic job and long may it continue!
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

But we were in the game until the penalty as it was only 0-1. Don’t get me wrong it wasnt a good performance at all but I felt we looked like a team. Players in positions that they are meant to be in always helps. didn’t think we did too badly in the first half but the goal was one of those that was soft to give way. Second half didn’t really get going but the pitch is so heavy it must have drained the energy of everyone out there.
It was a good attendance and I think most fans know we are rebuilding and it will take time, probably relegation it will be but so be it. It’s rebuilding after some dreadful mistakes over the past 10 months. And credit to the new board, doing absolutely everything right in my book. Well done.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

The pressman wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:39 pm I cant believe that we are having this conversation!!

Under the new board:-

Yes we are probably heading for step 4 but we have our football club BACK!
We have our fans BACK with back to back attendances over 400.
We have a proper football manager again who, believe me, has worked miracles cutting the budget and persuading players to join us on less money than they were on! We need to leave Chris to do what he does best MANAGE!!!
We have communication BACK! Wasn't it good to see Ellie handing out Lottery leaflets yesterday?
We have our media team BACK with twitter feed/communication back to its best.

But most of all we have our volunteers BACK and doing an amazing job.

Our new board is doing a fantastic job and long may it continue!
Spot on, I think good times are not far away!
Olly

Post by Olly »

Biggles wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:37 pm
Rushdenanddiamonds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:29 pm The worrying thing is that there are people on this forum who think we looked ok yesterday and were actually in the game😂😂😂😂
I see we have at least 3 wind up merchants from Kettrin (or is it at least one talking to himself making 2) on here now that we are fairly confirmed as having a Relegation spot unless miracles happen but the really sad thing is we will miss the derby match as they come down and we go down, shame really.
Not quite the same, but a reasonable chance we will still at least get a big Northants derby against Corby next year which certainly would be interesting, possibly another against Daventry if they stay up, along with short trips across county borders to Harborough Town and if they stay up St Neots as well. We'll play them up the A6 again soon enough I'm sure!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

Rushdenanddiamonds
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Rushdenanddiamonds »

Biggles wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:37 pm
A K*ttering fan 😂😂. Or maybe a diamonds fan who knows what he is talking about. By what Nunn said in his interview he agrees with me. Obviously you non footballers have no clue