Lost [ Sat 28th Jan ] v Stratford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: [ Sat 28th Jan ] v Stratford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Sid »

Rushdenanddiamonds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:25 am This is going to be an unpopular opinion. I thought the e football Burgess played was the best I have seen in the last few years. I would even say it was even better than what we saw under Peaks. The football Peaks used to play wasn’t great to watch but he got the results. At least Burgess had an identity of what he was trying to do. But as usual in football managers don’t get long enough. As for yesterday when we down to 10 men it looked like they had the extra man. Why we resorted to hoof ball when we had the extra man I don’t know
Ha Ha Ha hilarious. :cheesy:
Go back to your own club's forum.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
Rushdenanddiamonds
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Rushdenanddiamonds »

This is my own club Thankyou. I have supported them for 25 years just my opinion which we are all entitled to
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

Rushdenanddiamonds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:56 am This is my own club Thankyou. I have supported them for 25 years just my opinion which we are all entitled to
Just happens to be the worst opinion of all time and wrong on all levels. Burgess was the WORST thing to happen to this club. He took a team that missed the playoffs on goal difference and set the team back years. Destroyed the team and destroyed the clubs finances…
Rushdenanddiamonds
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Rushdenanddiamonds »

Again that’s your opinion. I don’t know anything about finances but purely on football terms burgess football was a lot more attractive than what I saw under Maxwell and so far Nunn. Yesterday was crying out for football on the floor against 10 men but neither Nunn or the players could figure that out
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

AFCRDPete2011 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:18 pm Another terrible performance today! I really do feel sorry for Chris because he truly has inherited a very poor squad that i feel will float around mid table next season in Step 4. It’s hard to say and to watch, but this some naive managerial appointments have left us with. Burgess wasn’t fit for the job and was the root of the problem! Maxwell (while wasnt fit for the role either) got thrown under the bus for the boards ineptitude. Hopefully we can turn behind the scenes round at the same time on pitch performances improve. COYD!
As he was part of the team that appointed Maxwell then the last thing Maxwell was, was thrown under the bus.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I feel for Nunn, I really do. He’s got a hell of a job on his hands, all because of he ineptitude of Andy Burgess who decimated the squad, and those on the old who allowed him to do so. He really has set the club because by at least three years.

As for the game yesterday, the new signings looked promising, and I thought we were gaining some momentum until they got the penalty, but that killed the game for us.

Only Coalville next Saturday! Let’s hope we can pull of a shock result!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Funnily enough i thought the performance was not that bad with some good individual performances from some of the new players, i think that the lads Chris Nunn has signed will for the majority gel together well and we should look forward to next season with a new optimisum. Of course one or two of them will fall by the way side but onwards and upwards
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

STAGMAN wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:46 am Funnily enough i thought the performance was not that bad with some good individual performances from some of the new players, i think that the lads Chris Nunn has signed will for the majority gel together well and we should look forward to next season with a new optimisum. Of course one or two of them will fall by the way side but onwards and upwards
Agree. Thought we were much more solid & organised at the back. (Evans had his best game IMO) Atcha & Pattinson can develop into a good midfield presence. Anker Tee & Kanga look exciting, but (and its a big but) we still desperately need a decent striker (like Ty/ young Tom Lorraine) For all Coopers youthful endeavour, I don't think he cuts it as a lone striker unfortunately. Will work better alongside a target man/holdup man IMO
Last edited by Ricky330 on Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

This constant hammering of "the old board" is starting to wind me up now. No one is disputing that some poor decisions were made, and certain situations could have been handled better, but many on that board dedicated over a decade of their lives to helping the club get to a position where step 2 football was a very real possibility. Some of them still continue to serve the club to this day as part of the "new board", and others are still providing support/advice in the background.

We've already heard the likes of Rob and Alex say just how time consuming it is running a football club at our level, and they haven't had to do it for several years with half the numbers there are now. (Just to be clear, this is in no way a dig at them, I have nothing but respect and appreciation for what they're doing.)

Rather than pointing fingers, perhaps we as a fanbase should be looking at how we allowed our club to get in a position where we had years of uncontested elections, a board that was down to its bare bones, and a first team sitting bottom of the league with a manager nobody wanted, before anyone reacted. Not to mention the fact that when we did finally react, some of the vitriol on here led to one candidate withdrawing from standing. Maybe then we can avoid a repeat of this situation in a few year's time.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297