The New Order

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: The New Ordert

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

diamondsteve wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:34 pm
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:04 pm What's the deal with Evan. Is he under a contract like Fossen and will have to remain at the club?
He knows/ the players know that they ain’t good enough. Just annoyingly running out their contract that we stupidly and impatiently gave them in July
Would imagine their previous spells at other clubs probably swung it for them to be put on contracts. I heard a rumour that fosen was signed without Burgess actually ever seeing him play!
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

diamondsteve wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:34 pm He knows/ the players know that they ain’t good enough. Just annoyingly running out their contract that we stupidly and impatiently gave them in July
When Fossen first arrived I was optimistic about him but then in probably his first interview something about him put me right off him

It's only my opinion of course but keeping the gum in while doing the interview is slobby/lazy and most players who do it think they are better than they are and can be lazy on the pitch.

He was looking for a club for several months before Burge brought him in and at this level if you are any good you will have no problem finding a club, we are not a rich club so we wouldn't have had a chance of fighting off interest to get him if there was any, the quicker he's off the books the better. Signing players from ThePlayersAgent websites is an era we need to erase all traces from.

We were losing friendlies to lower league clubs, makes it all the more unusual to be giving out contracts.

Going forward we now have some options so if we are losing a game the manager has a chance to change it and try getting something out of the game, we have lacked that all season, credit to the manager and board, they've brought Chris in and allowed him to get the tools he feels he needs for the job.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Re: The New Order

Post by diamondsteve »

“Bringing Matty to the Club is something we weren’t sure we would be able to do but having worked with him over the past few weeks, spoken to him at length and knowing his reasons for joining us, show where we are trying to go as a club.“

He did actually have 2 weeks to see what he’s about.

Just hope in that contract it has a reduced pay if injured clause that most clubs do . Its a proper FA contact that we have to adhere to.

Would be nice for Chris or Joseph to mention the forgotten man in an interview
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Adrian wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:35 pm
diamondsteve wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:34 pm He knows/ the players know that they ain’t good enough. Just annoyingly running out their contract that we stupidly and impatiently gave them in July
When Fossen first arrived I was optimistic about him but then in probably his first interview something about him put me right off him

It's only my opinion of course but keeping the gum in while doing the interview is slobby/lazy and most players who do it think they are better than they are and can be lazy on the pitch.

He was looking for a club for several months before Burge brought him in and at this level if you are any good you will have no problem finding a club, we are not a rich club so we wouldn't have had a chance of fighting off interest to get him if there was any, the quicker he's off the books the better. Signing players from ThePlayersAgent websites is an era we need to erase all traces from.

We were losing friendlies to lower league clubs, makes it all the more unusual to be giving out contracts.

Going forward we now have some options so if we are losing a game the manager has a chance to change it and try getting something out of the game, we have lacked that all season, credit to the manager and board, they've brought Chris in and allowed him to get the tools he feels he needs for the job.
That was Burge for you, he clearly didn’t have a clue what he was doing, he would have gone to those on the old board, and said we need to put these guys on a contract, and stupidly they agreed. At least with Peaks, if I remember correctly, he didn’t give players a contract until they’d been at the club for a while, and if he knew the player possibly would have the vultures circling around them, he’d recommend the club put them on a contract, then at least we’d get a fee if another club wanted to sign them, even then it was only one, or at most two who were put on a contract, not four.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Re: The New Order

Post by discodunk »

probably watched the videos that are on you tube
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54