Lost BOXING DAY AWAY! [ Mon 26th Dec ] v Bedford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Re: BOXING DAY AWAY! [ Mon 26th Dec ] v Bedford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by diamondsteve »

Dreadful . I want most players tonight/tomorrow to give Chris a ring and say I ain’t good enough and leave . Too many now know they are nowhere near but happy just to pick up their wages.

A mass overhaul needs to happen. We cannot get any worse
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Dreadful, just simply the current players are nowhere hear good enough for this level. Not to pick individuals out so I will just say we need at least 8 new players in to be even slightly competitive. Too many mistakes, basic football nous, no threat. Totally behind the new manager, he will know what needs doing.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 106 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Chris Nunn’s priority has to be the defence, it’s a shambles. I’d only keep Hughes and possibly Bunga. Need about 8 new signings.

Burgess really left us in the shit didn’t he?!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 45 times

Post by gibston »

Really felt for nunny today. Absolute shambolic defending! 3 of today's back 4 not good enough. Some of these contracted players have killed us as absolutely way off it. 4 of today goals down to absolute basics. It full support of nunny regardless of this season.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I wouldn't keep any of our current back 4, they're all poor.
It shows that it doesn't matter who the management are, if the players aren't good enough you're a poor team, and we are the worst in this division.
AFC R & D member number 34
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

6/7 seven dayers in already ! It’s happening guys! Let’s get the dead wood out , nice friendly lads but they need to do the right thing now and move on at least for their own sakes
Last edited by diamondsteve on Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Interview with AFCRDTV

diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:48 pm Chris Nunn’s priority has to be the defence, it’s a shambles. I’d only keep Hughes and possibly Bunga. Need about 8 new signings.

Burgess really left us in the shit didn’t he?!
Fossen do the right thing and rip up your contract free up some cash for a player which can come straight in
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:48 pm Burgess really left us in the shit didn’t he?!
Burge has worked as a scout at several clubs / so you would expect him to have a decent judgment on players / it's strange that so many of his signings have been really poor.
Burge's role was essentially a ship-breaker, he came in and broke up the whole squad, perhaps some of them would have stayed on in the summer if another manager was in charge. In reality allowing a manager with no experience of the division and no local contacts to demolish and re build a whole team is criminal.

Bedford have underachieved this season with a strong squad, it's not really a surprise to see them doing better after sacking Setchell and in that time they have drew with Tamworth. I expected us to have a little bit more fight but time and time again this season we have shown we can be promising today and 2 days later be awful.

There isn't a quick fix but I think we have to many players in the squad who were signed from lower league clubs where they were not even first team regulars, I'm excited to see what changes Chris tries to make to this squad.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

gibston wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:14 pm Really felt for nunny today. Absolute shambolic defending! 3 of today's back 4 not good enough. Some of these contracted players have killed us as absolutely way off it. 4 of today goals down to absolute basics. It full support of nunny regardless of this season.
How bad was the Empochontsif back pass! :laugh: