Richard Maxwell Appointed Manager

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Richard Maxwell Appointed Manager

Post by NN10-Nige »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds wrote:Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:30 pm AFC Rushden & Diamonds are pleased to announce that, following a short but successful interim period, Richard Maxwell will continue to lead the first team on an ongoing basis.

The response of the players and, in turn, fans to rekindle the spirit of togetherness across the Club was on display at the last two home matches and we look forward to continuing that this Saturday at home against Redditch United where we welcome a number of guests across our Women’s & Girls’ teams.

Richard, himself a UEFA B qualified coach, will work with the support of both Howard Willmott (UEFA A) and Gary Moss (UEFA B).

Richard has stepped down from his role on the Board of the Club to focus purely on leading the senior team.

Richard commented, “It was an easy decision to say yes, being a boyhood fan and having been involved in the Club’s Community, Walking Football and Academy. The players have shown real passion, desire, and importantly re-connection with the fans around the ground. I encourage all fans and members to join us home and/or away, let’s get behind the players and be our 12th man on the pitch.”

We wish him every success.

Happy with that!
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Re: Richard Maxwell Appointed Manager

Post by gibston »

Absolute disgrace!! If we wasn't the laughing stock already!!! No disrespect but managing u23s in a glorified pub league to guilding a club 2nd bottom of step 3 is embarrassing!!!!

I'm done with this deluded lot
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

Somehow one of the "toxic" members of the board and club has managed to work it so that he himself has become 1st team manager. You couldn't make this sh*t up!

The bloke is a nasty pieece of work only in things for himself. Well done mate you get to live out your "dream" whilst good people who work within the club are clearly extremely hacked off at the news. I fully expect more people to leave their posts as a result of this appointment.

Perhaps it's time for an OPEN TO ALL fans forum and explain this clearly bonkers choice and for fans to ask what is actually going on behind the scenes!
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Absolutely disgrace. In my nearly 40 years of watching football this has got to be one of the darkest moments. An explanation is needed urgently by the board. As mentioned I will not attend another game, cancel my membership, lottery money and any other income I give. Do not be surprised when our remaining decent players leave and the team is made up of U23’s. Although based on previous comments earlier on in the season about that focus maybe this was the plan all along.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

Can an emergency fans forum be held or could we arrange one ourselves and look at a no confidence vote or something.
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

fentiger79 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:53 pm Can an emergency fans forum be held or could we arrange one ourselves and look at a no confidence vote or something.
https://members.afcdiamondsshop.com/dow ... tution.pdf

33. The Board of Directors upon an application by not less than 20 members or 5% of the
membership, whichever is the greater, delivered to the Club’s registered office., shall
convene a general meeting. The purpose of the special general meeting shall be stated in
the application and notice of the meeting. No business other than that stated in the notice of
the meeting shall be conducted at the meeting.
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by real diamond »

fentiger79 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:53 pm Can an emergency fans forum be held or could we arrange one ourselves and look at a no confidence vote or something.
To achieve what? If the current board walks away the club is dead and buried.

I’m disappointed at the management choice but it’s done and we can only hope the decision is the right one.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

The club has just been killed, can you not see that. Everything that is wrong has just happened. Everything that we criticised Burge for we have just done the same in fact worse. Everything we have all said we need to get out of this mess we have gone against. To use the reason that the players and fans seemed to be more happy over the last two games is as always players try and keep their job by showcasing to a new manager and the supporters were happy as the team won, which I dont want to be a party pooper was down to a big slice of luck also.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

Note that it does say 'ongoing basis' so it may be like an extended interim period.

The way I see it is that the squad were clearly playing like they cared on Tuesday night, which is a big improvement, so giving Maxwell longer to show what he can do is worth the gamble.

I was unsure that Chris Nunn who was so loyal to Biggleswade Town would leave Kempston Rovers after only a few months in the job and also because we chose Burgess over him last time, if it doesn't work out maybe we can revisit the possibility of Nunn at the end of the season.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

It doesn’t matter how you try to sugarcoat this it’s just shocking