Next Manager Thread

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Bolts1988
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: Next Manager Thread

Post by Bolts1988 »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:54 pm Guy Hadland has to be an option as he is unattached at present. St Ives Ricky not very likely with them going so well in FA Cup and we can't afford to wait much longer. I am confident Chairman Chris Mac has it all under control and will make announcement soon.
That's a good shout, and has already been in the dug out with us this season. Another person that is doing very well is Carl Adams at Rugby. Yes it's step 5 but done a job at Stratford at step 3 for few seasons and has played for many clubs at non league level, so will surely have contacts.
smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by smoky »

It was great to see the man in charge in charge on the touch line shouting encouragement and helping the younger players with advice which they obviously took on board. What a difference a week makes from a man who sat in the dugout with his head in his hands.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

The Mitch Austin rumour seems to have turned into a Thomas Baillie rumour on FB.

It seems strange having a vacancy and not seeing more than 5 or 6 names linked.
NN10-Nige

Post by NN10-Nige »

Steve Claridge becomes available :biggrin:
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

I’d like to see Chris Winton, supported by Ian Allinson. He’ll have links with Chris Nunn and Lee Allinson. I hear he is a very good coach and seems young and hungry.

The board aren’t going to have many to chose from. And I can only see us attracting those from levels below. I hear that there have been very unproductive meetings before official interviews.

Do we go for an experienced guy to bring in step 3 players and try to stay up or do we continue with a complete rebuild and try and coach talented youngsters to get us out of this mess?

I don’t have faith in the board in making these kind of decisions, I’ll be honest about that and will share that with them in person if need be, but I do hope we go with a mix of the above and not someone from 2 leagues below that’s won an fa vase.

I noticed Mitch Austin was there on Tuesday. I’ll go and support Cobblers if he ever got involved.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 158 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Jon Dunham 19:04 “ This day is not quite done… 💎
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 45 times

Post by gibston »

If true what I'm hearing...... shocker
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

If I’m reading between the lines I’m done.
NN10-Nige

Post by NN10-Nige »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:20 pm I noticed Mitch Austin was there on Tuesday. I’ll go and support Cobblers if he ever got involved.

Howling at the idea of us being able to be like Bristol Rovers fans in having a 'tw*t with the hat' chav as manager :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Hopefully he'll have just been scouting some Nuneaton players to get in to Harborough Town on loan.
Last edited by NN10-Nige on Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Strap in everyone. I think it's about to get wild on here.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291