Won [ Tue 11th Oct ] v Nuneaton Borough, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Tue 11th Oct ] v Nuneaton Borough, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Match Details.

NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Re: [ Tue 11th Oct ] v Nuneaton Borough, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by NN10-Nige »

I thought that Nuneaton Town had to use a different name to form the club after it folded, yet now they go by Nuneaton Borough again... Does that mean AFC Rushden & Diamonds could in future be renamed to just Rushden & Diamonds?

It's something I would be against as it would be disrespectful to everyone who has been involved in forming AFC both on and off the pitch, though I'm just intrigued to know if we would be allowed to actually do that.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

These two examples give the impression that people at the club are not taking the position that the club find itself is in very seriously at all.....
  • We sack a manager for picking up 1 win in 10 games - and we thank him for 'making the club more professional'
  • Our defence is spread out like spandex on a sunny day at Brighton beach and shipping goals - and we are encourage fans to go to matches for a 'fun night'

Wakey wakey.....
  • We do not like our club being unorganised.
  • We do not like to see our team getting thrashed every week - it is not fun in anyway.
  • Each time those players lose a game - their morale and confidence is sinking like a lead balloon.
  • Players who have previously showed good signs are deteriorating - this is sad to see.

How anyone can have witnessed the previous 3 months and somehow throw the word 'fun' into the mix is delusional, I think that some people at the club are here because they thought it would be a bit of fun, hence the amateurishness of it all and seemingly running the club like a pub football team.

The appointment of a new manager isn't going to cover over all the short comings behind the scenes, I hope there are some appointments behind the scenes to try and drag this club back up to the standards of 2 or 3 years ago.

I'm struggling to trust a board that thinks we are more professional now than we were 6 months ago to run this football club.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

So looking like no new manager appointment before tomorrow night. Was watching Peaks interview after the game, looked like he almost had to hold back a laugh when the mention of our management came up during the interview.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Totally disagree with the continued position of a member of the board acting as manager. I know of many fans who will not go again until this is changed.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

fentiger79 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:01 pm Totally disagree with the continued position of a member of the board acting as manager. I know of many fans who will not go again until this is changed.
I've also heard this and some of these people aren't fair-weather fans, they're loyal, long-term supporters. It's a sad state of affairs at the moment. I've never personally had any issues whatsoever with Richard Maxwell although completely accept that having a board member running the team might not be deemed as appropriate. Not sure it would stop me watching the team, though.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

It’s exactly the case. Board members should not manage the team. Seen it other clubs and totally disagree with it. Wouldn’t have an issue if he wasnt a board member.
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by real diamond »

NN10-Nige wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:04 pm These two examples give the impression that people at the club are not taking the position that the club find itself is in very seriously at all.....
  • We sack a manager for picking up 1 win in 10 games - and we thank him for 'making the club more professional'
  • Our defence is spread out like spandex on a sunny day at Brighton beach and shipping goals - and we are encourage fans to go to matches for a 'fun night'

Wakey wakey.....
  • We do not like our club being unorganised.
  • We do not like to see our team getting thrashed every week - it is not fun in anyway.
  • Each time those players lose a game - their morale and confidence is sinking like a lead balloon.
  • Players who have previously showed good signs are deteriorating - this is sad to see.

How anyone can have witnessed the previous 3 months and somehow throw the word 'fun' into the mix is delusional, I think that some people at the club are here because they thought it would be a bit of fun, hence the amateurishness of it all and seemingly running the club like a pub football team.

The appointment of a new manager isn't going to cover over all the short comings behind the scenes, I hope there are some appointments behind the scenes to try and drag this club back up to the standards of 2 or 3 years ago.

I'm struggling to trust a board that thinks we are more professional now than we were 6 months ago to run this football club.

Did you share your concerns with Dave Bland on Saturday, I thought he was open to dialogue as per his post last week?
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

kevin wilkin to telford ,,so it aint him
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54