Lost [ Tue 27th Sep ] v Coalville Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: [ Tue 27th Sep ] v Coalville Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by therushden »

One player ain't going to sort this mess out.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

GreekDiamond wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:25 am
bozzer wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:34 am If we hadn't been "nice", then Peaksy wouldn't have lasted as long as he did, there were a number of times there was pressure to get rid of him, and it was important to not become emotional and think about it logically, help and talk through the issues and find solutions and it worked out for the best, so you can't have it both ways saying we are too nice but it was a good job we didn't sack peaksy as he was brilliant in the end.

I don't envy the board now, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't, everyone was excited by Burgess' first interview on AFCRDTV, am sure he said all the right things when they appointed him too, but he hasn't been able to deliver so far, so we need to ask ourselves, can he deliver with some more help, is there someone who could join the coaching staff which can take us to the level we want and keep us up, we can then develop some of these players and the club can progress, we have been in every game apart from last nights so far this season.

On the other hand you can just as easily argue that he has had enough time, and that his lack of experience at this level is too much that he won't be able to learn the level quick enough to keep us up and a change would be best made now.
I’m sorry but we have absolutely not been in every game apart from last night. Don’t try and use the close score lines as a hint of that. We haven’t looked like scoring in all but Barwell and each time we concede we’re pretty much out of the game. We’ve only scored more than 1 goal once and are now the lowest scorers in the league. We have Snedker to thank for our draws and even the barwell win as without him they would be losses.

Last night was diabolical, the first home game after 4 away and that’s what we’re treated to. I don’t think fans can take another beating like that.

Time for the board to take their hearts out of the occasion and look at this situation solely from a business point of view. Do we really give burge more time and money to use and potentially waste on trying to recover his failure. Chasing a lost cause if you ask me. And I don’t think anyone would damn the board for relieving him of his position, and if we are scared to do that because of his contract then that tells me we’ve given him way too much money on a contract for a manager who had no previous exp and who bottled the playoffs.

After Stratford he publicly called most players “not good enough” and has now questioned their attitude going into last night whilst also calling for more “men” again. Only to then not bring anyone in during the 10 day break and for the so called bad players to still be here. He’s all talk no action and at this point becoming a bit of an inside joke by saying all the same stuff after each game.
Hard to disagree with any of this unfortunately. We are flogging a dead horse with Burge in charge, it’s clear that he is unable to attract the calibre of player needed to be remotely competitive at this level.

I’m surprised he’s not walked away yet as I’m not quite sure what he’s getting out of the job apart from a few quid. I appreciate the board have a tough decision to make however if we continue with Burge at the helm crowds will drop below 150. Yes it will be difficult to attract a decent manager with experience but we can’t continue like this that’s for sure.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by smoky »

Time for the club to come clean and tell what is really being done to improve things,I.e the management, the players that we need to improve things,and also why we are losing our better players so easily, is it all a question of money,if it is why doesn't the board come up with some ideas to attract the players that we so obviously need, for example sponsor a player,maybe a clear the air meeting of the board and the members,something has to change, and sooner rather than later before it's to late.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

bozzer wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:32 am
diamondsteve wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:17 am
bozzer wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:34 am If we hadn't been "nice", then Peaksy wouldn't have lasted as long as he did, there were a number of times there was pressure to get rid of him, and it was important to not become emotional and think about it logically, help and talk through the issues and find solutions and it worked out for the best, so you can't have it both ways saying we are too nice but it was a good job we didn't sack peaksy as he was brilliant in the end.

I don't envy the board now, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't, everyone was excited by Burgess' first interview on AFCRDTV, am sure he said all the right things when they appointed him too, but he hasn't been able to deliver so far, so we need to ask ourselves, can he deliver with some more help, is there someone who could join the coaching staff which can take us to the level we want and keep us up, we can then develop some of these players and the club can progress, we have been in every game apart from last nights so far this season.

On the other hand you can just as easily argue that he has had enough time, and that his lack of experience at this level is too much that he won't be able to learn the level quick enough to keep us up and a change would be best made now.
STOP right there l! This is more than 4 very poor games peaks had
Not true, there were two spells of 7 games where we he was under pressure.

I'm just saying it's not as simple as it seems, look at FC united with their first manager!
Na don’t believe it . 8 years I think it’s ok to have a few bad spells . Stop dressing it up
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

davealbon wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:37 am
NN10-Nige wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:16 pm
A good point indeed.
Not really, you're conveniently forgetting the 8 we conceded against Bromsgrove during Peaksy's reign.
We had 2 men sent off in that game!

We were losing 3-2 with 11 against 11 but we went down to 10 men on the stroke of half time.

We started the second half with 10 men and didn't concede.

We then went down to 9 men and still lasted 6 minutes before conceding.

Then we conceded 5 goals... you cannot compare conceding 5 goals with 9 men to conceding 7 goals with 11 men.

Bromsgrove Sporting finished 4th that season with a decent squad just like Coalville this season.

Imagine what would have happened if we had gone down to 10 men at half time last night and then gone down to 9 men on 56 minutes - the lack of team spirit in our squad would have seen us concede double figures.

We can't keep blaming the players, they were signed by the manager, the manager thought they would be good enough - shocking considering we had a crappy pre season, you have to wonder how he draw the conclusion that they would be good enough when we were losing to teams from the league below, it's not one or two players letting us down, it's below par performances all across the pitch, even from players we know can do better, at what point do we accept they simply are not playing for this manager - and can you blame them? he literally said any of them can leave just a week ago, that's not being 'part of a team' he threw them under the bus, the players who remain here aren't going to be motivated by someone who threw them under the bus like that and any new signings coming in will also be wary that he will throw them under the bus in the same way too.

As for the guy who did the interview with Andy Burgess I wish he wouldn't keep calling him 'Burge' as being too pally can affect your ability to ask the difficult questions when they need to be asked.
smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by smoky »

Has anyone heard what's happening about Will Jones?another player who would shine amongst what we have at the moment. I really felt at the start of this season that the manager instill in them what it is like to play for Rushden&Diamonds, but I hold my hands up I was wrong, he is trotting out the same excuses game after game and we are getting deeper and deeper into the mire,it has to stop before there is no coming back for us.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

smoky wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:03 pm Has anyone heard what's happening about Will Jones?another player who would shine amongst what we have at the moment. I really felt at the start of this season that the manager instill in them what it is like to play for Rushden&Diamonds, but I hold my hands up I was wrong, he is trotting out the same excuses game after game and we are getting deeper and deeper into the mire,it has to stop before there is no coming back for us.
Will signed for Bugbrooke St Michaels in the summer, he scored a hat-trick for them against GNG Oadby Town last month.

Their website says he has scored 11 goals in 11 games.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

NN10-Nige wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:11 pm
smoky wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:03 pm Has anyone heard what's happening about Will Jones?another player who would shine amongst what we have at the moment. I really felt at the start of this season that the manager instill in them what it is like to play for Rushden&Diamonds, but I hold my hands up I was wrong, he is trotting out the same excuses game after game and we are getting deeper and deeper into the mire,it has to stop before there is no coming back for us.
Will signed for Bugbrooke St Michaels in the summer, he scored a hat-trick for them against GNG Oadby Town last month.

He has 5 in 11 games. No disrespect to Will but there's no way he would improve this side.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

NN10-Nige wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:11 pm

5 goals actually, the goals column is far to the right, but at least he is scoring goals which is more than can be said of any of our strikers this season! Jensen scored a few in pre season of course, and Hines scored a few in pre season for Knaresborough but didn't get anything in several regular season games, and that's at step 5. Then we have Jack Connor on 1...

Not easy to find good strikers of course, but Ty Deacon last season shows it is possible looking down the pyramid, what we would give for another Ty Deacon right now!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

Truly living by your smoky name with that suggestion :biggrin:
Jones couldn’t score when he was in a good team…