Lost [ Tue 27th Sep ] v Coalville Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Tue 27th Sep ] v Coalville Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Seems to me the board have a decision to make.

Either bring someone in experienced at this level to attract better players whether AB likes it or not or cut the losses take the financial hit and make a change.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

real diamond wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:44 pm We have a club that is just too “nice”

Afraid to make the difficult decisions is how it looks from the outside.

The whole recruitment process is a shambles, the coaching from the sideline is a shambles, whoever gave the manager a contract when he was inexperienced shows the decision making is a shambles (or was)

We have a new board and you have to hope that we don’t repeat the same mistakes and accept failure.

100% agree, but that’s what happens when you have a board with limited knowledge of how to run a football club. When Andy Peaks left the board, with assistance from MK Dons apparently, should have looked at the bigger picture, “okay we need a manager with experience of the Southern league”. But no they go and appoint a manager with zero experience, simply because of nostalgia. Andy’s first interview had me excited me, he said all the right things, but seems that was just words.

I think the early years were maybe masking the issues, we had a good management team, who put together a very good sides who got the results we needed.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Well, I’ve slept on it, and what a shit show that was. After taking one step forward when we got the win against Barwell, we've taken two steps back with a 7-0 defeat. There was zero communication between the players, a number of times Ty Sutherland was in good positions, but the players decided to ignore him. Something needs to change, the board need to sit down with Andy, thank him for his efforts and admit it hasn’t worked, and both sides come to a mutual agreement that he leaves as manager, for 6/7 months it hasn’t been good enough, another club would have sacked him by now, but our club is too nice, I’m now beginning to understanding pressmans issues with the club.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Best thing last night was Bruce on tannoy! FML

Anyway Burg hinted we have a couple of 7 daters in place and should be able to play Saturday
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

If we hadn't been "nice", then Peaksy wouldn't have lasted as long as he did, there were a number of times there was pressure to get rid of him, and it was important to not become emotional and think about it logically, help and talk through the issues and find solutions and it worked out for the best, so you can't have it both ways saying we are too nice but it was a good job we didn't sack peaksy as he was brilliant in the end.

I don't envy the board now, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't, everyone was excited by Burgess' first interview on AFCRDTV, am sure he said all the right things when they appointed him too, but he hasn't been able to deliver so far, so we need to ask ourselves, can he deliver with some more help, is there someone who could join the coaching staff which can take us to the level we want and keep us up, we can then develop some of these players and the club can progress, we have been in every game apart from last nights so far this season.

On the other hand you can just as easily argue that he has had enough time, and that his lack of experience at this level is too much that he won't be able to learn the level quick enough to keep us up and a change would be best made now.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

bozzer wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:34 am If we hadn't been "nice", then Peaksy wouldn't have lasted as long as he did, there were a number of times there was pressure to get rid of him, and it was important to not become emotional and think about it logically, help and talk through the issues and find solutions and it worked out for the best, so you can't have it both ways saying we are too nice but it was a good job we didn't sack peaksy as he was brilliant in the end.

I don't envy the board now, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't, everyone was excited by Burgess' first interview on AFCRDTV, am sure he said all the right things when they appointed him too, but he hasn't been able to deliver so far, so we need to ask ourselves, can he deliver with some more help, is there someone who could join the coaching staff which can take us to the level we want and keep us up, we can then develop some of these players and the club can progress, we have been in every game apart from last nights so far this season.

On the other hand you can just as easily argue that he has had enough time, and that his lack of experience at this level is too much that he won't be able to learn the level quick enough to keep us up and a change would be best made now.
STOP right there l! This is more than 4 very poor games peaks had
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

bozzer wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:34 am If we hadn't been "nice", then Peaksy wouldn't have lasted as long as he did, there were a number of times there was pressure to get rid of him, and it was important to not become emotional and think about it logically, help and talk through the issues and find solutions and it worked out for the best, so you can't have it both ways saying we are too nice but it was a good job we didn't sack peaksy as he was brilliant in the end.

I’m sorry but we have absolutely not been in every game apart from last night. Don’t try and use the close score lines as a hint of that. We haven’t looked like scoring in all but Barwell and each time we concede we’re pretty much out of the game. We’ve only scored more than 1 goal once and are now the lowest scorers in the league. We have Snedker to thank for our draws and even the barwell win as without him they would be losses.

Last night was diabolical, the first home game after 4 away and that’s what we’re treated to. I don’t think fans can take another beating like that.

Time for the board to take their hearts out of the occasion and look at this situation solely from a business point of view. Do we really give burge more time and money to use and potentially waste on trying to recover his failure. Chasing a lost cause if you ask me. And I don’t think anyone would damn the board for relieving him of his position, and if we are scared to do that because of his contract then that tells me we’ve given him way too much money on a contract for a manager who had no previous exp and who bottled the playoffs.

After Stratford he publicly called most players “not good enough” and has now questioned their attitude going into last night whilst also calling for more “men” again. Only to then not bring anyone in during the 10 day break and for the so called bad players to still be here. He’s all talk no action and at this point becoming a bit of an inside joke by saying all the same stuff after each game.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

diamondsteve wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:17 am

STOP right there l! This is more than 4 very poor games peaks had
Not true, there were two spells of 7 games where we he was under pressure.

I'm just saying it's not as simple as it seems, look at FC united with their first manager!
AFC R&D Member No. 67
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Coalville have posted footage of Berridge's second goal last night. A hell of a strike, as it looked on the night, but just watch the 'defending'.

They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

I really don't think we can afford to allow Burge much more time if we don't want to get relegated, he has effectively had two squads to manage and neither has been successful, I'd allow at the most him the opportunity to bring in a few more faces and see how they do, but if we don't manage to put together a run of wins very soon then change is essential to stay up.

Saturday was a great day for us all after the start we've had and they did do well, but on reflection it just papered over the cracks and without Sneds' heroics and a bit of luck it would have been another game without a win.

I said with Fossen and Evan we could have a decent centre back pairing and I stand by that, but we have been toothless going forward and apart from Tee and possibly Ngwa now since he came back, none of our other attacking options are anywhere near good enough on what we've seen so far. Someone like Ravi would be ideal to inject some quality going forward but I just can't see Burge being able to attract Ravi to re-sign or the necessary experience and quality needed to improve us as drastic improvements are clearly needed to get us out of this mess.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308