Lost [ Tue 27th Sep ] v Coalville Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Re: [ Tue 27th Sep ] v Coalville Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by diamondsteve »

fentiger79 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:49 pm Weirdly enough I’m not that disappointed. It was abundantly obvious from the moment the team sheet came out that we would need a miracle to get anything out of the game. I think most fans thought that by practically zero grumblings or comments. Our already weakened defence became laughable tonight where it was a case of if you had your boots you played. Big game coming up and the only way out of this is with players fit and at least 3 or 4 additions. Nothing less is going to get us out of this.
Well 3-4 additions won’t happen so we won’t get out of this will we? Let’s be honest now , how long has fossen been out,Even be carrying a knock , Lashley injured all the time add Conner to the mix .
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Well if it had been against anyone else in different circumstances I would have been fuming. Don't get me wrong, it was embarrassing to get beaten like that against a team that just 6 months ago we went toe-to-toe against and drew with, but with this team and Josh Going thrown into the deep end and the absence of Matty and Evan, it was probably to be expected against Coalville, who baffling can afford to put Billy Kee, a player who scored loads last season and only a few years ago was playing regularly in the EFL on the bench! They must have 4, 5 or more players that could score over 10 this season, we'd love just one right now!

Like others have said, it has once again exposed our shambolic recruitment bar the few obvious exceptions, where these much needed additions?! And they must be players with experience of this level, no more gambling on teenagers or step 5 players that Burge might have worked with 10 years ago.

Results elsewhere tonight mean we are 6 points adrift from safety and it's not even October...
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

A good point indeed.

Excerpt from Jon Dunham's match report...
Dreadful Diamonds humiliated by Coalville

Coalville are a very good side and will surely be challenging for the title but they also aren’t the world beaters that Diamonds made them look like particularly in a brutal second half when Andy Burgess’ team, quite frankly, surrendered.

For the most part, this wasn’t good enough and if there are further performances like this, a long, hard season will lie ahead.

You could stand here all day long and pick holes in Diamonds’ display

What will surely alarm Burgess more than anything else would be the lack of fight shown to prevent such a brutal beating in the second half.

Full story: https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/sp ... le-3858980
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Getting slaughtered at home by top five sides is now par for the course. That's totally unsustainable. Do or die on Saturday.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

This reminds me of the position we were in at Irchester last season, albeit further down the pyramid. A young team, a manager with not enough contacts to bring players of the quality needed and not enough tactical nous to make us difficult to beat.

We changed manager on 13th November. It was a month too late.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Andy Burgess talks to AFCRDTV

davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

NN10-Nige wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:16 pm
A good point indeed.
Not really, you're conveniently forgetting the 8 we conceded against Bromsgrove during Peaksy's reign. And what about the 5 we shipped against a team from two leagues below in the FA Cup? Both of those were with a settled squad that hadn't been ravaged by an injury crisis too.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Rushdenjim wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:13 am Getting slaughtered at home by top five sides is now par for the course. That's totally unsustainable. Do or die on Saturday.
When else have we been slaughtered at home by a top five side? I'm not saying everything is rosy, far from it, but get some perspective.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

NN10-Nige wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:32 pm Last week I had a chuckle reading "Burgess determined to keep the spirits up" on the ET website, I was thinking team spirit? what team spirit? this week however, we have a win under our belts and I'm happy, give the bloke a new contract.

Jokes, it will take a win against a team in a better position than Barwell to get me onto the Burgess bandwagon, we will see if we can follow it up tonight.

Barwell got well beaten by the Poppies and if you look at the players in the Poppies squad, they would also struggle in our league, so you could say a win against Barwell would have been the minimum expected from a team with the outstanding Conor Tee in it.
You called me classless and tasteless last week for suggesting a member of our current squad isn't good enough - without actually naming them. Then a few days later you change your signature to that?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291