Fans forum

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 298 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Fans forum

Post by Ricky330 »

With the current on pitch issues and the (alleged ) issues off the pitch (board members leaving) is it now time for the Club to have a meeting for ALL fans , not just members to

1) discuss the issues on/off the pitch

2) air views/grievances (sensibly)

3) try to agree a plan/way forward with the board

4)offer any support we can to help (volunteering/ ideas)

5) bring everybody back together

????????

We have to do something TOGETHER to help our Club out of this current situation.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Re: Fans forum

Post by Olly »

Have been meaning to call for the exact thing, a good opportunity to discuss not just what you have listed, but for the fans to meet and hear from Matt and Chris too. Is there anything in the club's constitution about members of the club being able to call for fans forums?

Seems to be a lot not right at the club at the moment and the apparent division between board and fans is alarming to say the least, should never be that way in a fans run club. Not going to blame either side of course, but it is diverging that surely needs to be addressed?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
mattparker
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

Olly wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:42 pm Have been meaning to call for the exact thing, a good opportunity to discuss not just what you have listed, but for the fans to meet and hear from Matt and Chris too. Is there anything in the club's constitution about members of the club being able to call for fans forums?
Yes, the constitution is on the members area of the website but it needs 20 members or 5% of the membership to call for a meeting
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

mattparker wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:37 pm
Olly wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:42 pm Have been meaning to call for the exact thing, a good opportunity to discuss not just what you have listed, but for the fans to meet and hear from Matt and Chris too. Is there anything in the club's constitution about members of the club being able to call for fans forums?
Yes, the constitution is on the members area of the website but it needs 20 members or 5% of the membership to call for a meeting
Ah yes, will go and have a look now, thanks.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
mattparker

Post by mattparker »

It’s not something I would put my name to tbh, we had the AGM relatively recently and I would think the new board have enough to contend with. I agree we are in a bad place but rather than demand answers we need people to step forward and get the club back on track
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

mattparker wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:36 pm It’s not something I would put my name to tbh, we had the AGM relatively recently and I would think the new board have enough to contend with. I agree we are in a bad place but rather than demand answers we need people to step forward and get the club back on track
The thing with sitting on the fence is it just lets things get worse, a problem is best resolved quickly and the points Ricky makes are valid, if it was just 1 point I would say hold off a little longer but the running of the club is a serious matter, every week fans are paying and supporting the club, there are questions that need to be asked and answered, I can cope with losing a few matches as long as I know things behind the scenes are being done properly.
mattparker

Post by mattparker »

Given you are clearly a man of action, I assume you will be organising a members resolution to have this face to face meeting with the board Nige?