Fernando

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Drunken Debanker
Has Liked: 12 times

Fernando

Post by Drunken Debanker »

Has signed for Royston!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
We'll Drink Some Beer
And We'll Drink Some More
Cuz We Are The Rushden Boys On Tour.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 298 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Re: Fernando

Post by Ricky330 »

Huge blow. Massive loss.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Ricky330 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:26 pm Huge blow. Massive loss.
This time a year ago I thought he wasn't up to it, but he grew in stature as the season went on and became a critical part of the team. Burge made him captain and probably would have again. Given the affection he clearly had for the club, to throw that responsibility away to join an upper mid-table side without any realistic prospect of promotion speaks volumes.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

What affection?

Probably never coming back .....
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

BartonRaz wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:52 pm
Ricky330 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:26 pm Huge blow. Massive loss.
to join an upper mid-table side without any realistic prospect of promotion speaks volumes.
We are doomed! :cheesy:
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

We’re in a very bad place so it’s a huge loss to lose an above average player. Jeeeez times have change , burg has took us down this route.

Thought we’d of heard of some ins/outs by now ( I know the 7 dayer is in play but still!!)

I just think the only thing best for the club is to start with new management. It needs for burg to resign though. Dressing room lost , too many being respectful keeping quite , probably hoping burg & co will go and they get to shine try again with new manager.

Absolute silence from everyone fans/board/chairman/players
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

Genuinely a bit gutted about this. Thought nando came on leaps and bounds last season. First few games I really didn't think he was at it, but for two thirds of the season he was so dependable, and the times he took the armband he went to another level.

Really think him coming in and wearing the armband and sitting in the centre of midfield was what we needed. The podcast end of last / beginning of this season suggested he would be back.

Real shame, top player.

Admit it is worrying that we didn't have enough about us to bring him back in. The lure of the armband would have done it I would have thought, so definitely does suggest something is seriously wrong
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

rdusher wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:29 pm
Admit it is worrying that we didn't have enough about us to bring him back in. The lure of the armband would have done it I would have thought, so definitely does suggest something is seriously wrong
Probably speaking to Nathan tshikuna, who's recommended Royston to him and said "you don't want to go back there" after a pretty dire pre-season and now a winless start. If we're being perfectly honest, who can blame him?
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Well there goes another plan B....

Feels like Burge's time as manager is heading for inevitable disaster now really, I want to believe he can turn it round but just cannot see it anymore, failure to convince FBT back just another nail in the coffin I fear.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

That podcast should have been taken with a pinch of salt. It was before we signed the current crop (I think?)

I’m sure at that point FBT thought a fair few of last seasons squad would join him in committing to the club, that didn’t happen and he no doubt looked at the results so far this season when he got back, outside influences got in his ear (Nathan) who obviously advised him not to return. Gutted he’s gone, but he didn’t owe us anything, no loyalty in football especially at this level, players will jump ship for an extra fiver.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73