Won [ Sat 24th Sep ] v Barwell, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 24th Sep ] v Barwell, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Match details

Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: [ Sat 24th Sep ] v Barwell, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Formic »

The corresponding game last season - back in February - proved to be Andy Peaks last match in charge, with the victory taking the team into the playoff places. It's perhaps notable that of the 13 players that took to the pitch during that game, only two appear to still be with the club - https://www.afcdiamonds.com/barwell-fc- ... -diamonds/

Ollie's words in the match report summary begin "This performance again exemplified Diamonds’ stoicism in defence, endeavour in midfield, creativity in attack and a togetherness throughout the entire squad"
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

6 points from the next 3 league games is the minimum required at this point.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Rushdenjim wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:27 am 6 points from the next 3 league games is the minimum required at this point.
from the next 3 games, I think we'll get 1 point away at hednesford. Barwell is always a tough place to go and coalville always give us a battering, regardless of the fact that we have a considerable weaker side right now.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Rushdenjim wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:27 am 6 points from the next 3 league games is the minimum required at this point.
Definitely, defeat or even a draw against Barwell will probably put us over 6 points adrift by the time we go to Hednesford (don't think we can expect anything against Coalville!). Even at this early stage of the season, that's a task to come back from.

Interesting to see we have a friendly lined up before this one and I wonder what else Burge has lined up in preparation, a tall ask to get many new faces in before Saturday, but I'm sure he is fully aware of how important this game is not just for the team, but for his job.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by smoky »

Let's hope the season starts here,we desperately need three points to keep us in contact with the teams above us.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

smoky wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:26 pm Let's hope the season starts here,we desperately need three points to keep us in contact with the teams above us.
Indeed, about as important a game as you can get at this early stage of the season, win and we could be off the bottom, be much closer to safety and could be that all important turning point we need - lose, and we'll find ourselves over 6 points adrift already, be in even more trouble and to be honest I can't see many fans defending Burge's position as manager if that happens, there is simply no way he can continue if we don't get a positive result on Saturday and we certainly can't afford to allow him to try and build a new team after his recruitment so far, apart from a few gems like Evan and Tee, it has been v poor.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

On the recruitment, Burgess had these 10 days between matches to in his own words after Stratford “bring more people in meaning others would have to leave”. The game is tomorrow and so far we’ve only seen two trialists, no one has signed for the club and none of our players have signed elsewhere to our knowledge.

So he is going into the game tomorrow with a number of players he has publicly voiced saying they are “not good enough”. Comforting….
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Couldn’t look less enthusiastic if he tried, his face at the start says it all. I get it’s probably because of the current predicament we find ourselves in, but at least try and be professional.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73