New Striker - Welcome Jordan Hines

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Re: New Striker - Welcome Jordan Hines

Post by diamondsteve »

NN10-Nige wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:42 pm
Tony's Soccer School wrote: Tell us about your football history (Min 50 words):

i first started playing football from the day i could walk footballs been my life. i first started playing for yorkshire amertures wen i was 8 years old i played for them untill i was 15 i was on trial at leeds united but at the same time was on trial for bradford city, then i was signed at bradford city as they offered me a contract so i took the oppotunity to play for them, i was at bradford for 1 year then moved on to york city i was with them for a number of months but the chairman only signed his 2 nephews. i then moved on to pro vision acadamey wich they put a team together to play accadameys. i then was scouted for sheffield united i was there a couple of years then i took a year out due to family issues i then was at halifax town last season i played defenisive mid for the first part of the season then after christmas i played center forward and scored 13 goals in 10 games. at the moment i am not playing for halifax due to they stoped paying all the players and have not been comunicating with me.
Bizarre comment about the York City chairman only signing his 2 nephews :cheesy:

Tony's Soccer School wrote: Write about your Playing Ability (Min 50 words):

i would say my playing abbility is a very high standerd. i would say i am a powerfull consistant forward with an eye for goal that could easaly get 20 goals plus a season, im not a greedy player if i see a chance for another player that is in a better position i would relese the ball to them but as a center forward i love to score goals, my work rate is at a good standerd i will never give up on a loose ball i always give 100% in games and will never let a manager down.

Tony's Soccer School wrote: Why should an Academy Director give you a trial (Min 50 words):

i think a should be given a trial because i am a very unique player i am stocky and quick across the pitch im a consistant goal scorrer who loves to score goals, i think i would be a great aspect at a club as i have a lot to offer with my tallent, i think taking a chance with me will pay of in s big way as i wont let the manager down at any club i would play for, i am a big thret on the pitch due to my size and stature i have a very big physical presance.

If this comment he made is true 'i always give 100% in games' then he will be a welcome addition to the team.

Welcome Jordan
Thanks for that info . I think we have made a good choice now , physical, someone to take the fight upon the opposition. LEGOOOOO
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Olly wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:08 pm
GreekDiamond wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:45 pm Looks to have scored 3 goals in pre season for Knaresborough looking down his Twitter….
And spent most of the season so far on their bench and not scored...

Don't want to knock him before we've even seen him, from his picture he looks like he'll add presence up front and I'm guessing Burge has worked with him before, just can't quite see how someone who struggled to get into a mid table step 5 side with no more than a few pre season goals is going to be the answer to all our problems, we need goalscorers right now.

Hopefully I will eat my words and he'll be a revelation and step up to the challenge of a jump of 2 levels.
On the face of it it's not necessarily an inspiring signing but let's not knock him until we've seen him. We have been crying out for an extra striker and it was getting to the stage where I'd have taken anyone. Now we've got one. Having been playing at Step 5 (or not) it seems like a massive opportunity for him so hopefully he reacts positively to it.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Next let’s get a experienced replacement in for Paddy since he’s apparently departed.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:32 pm
Olly wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:08 pm
GreekDiamond wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:45 pm Looks to have scored 3 goals in pre season for Knaresborough looking down his Twitter….
And spent most of the season so far on their bench and not scored...

Don't want to knock him before we've even seen him, from his picture he looks like he'll add presence up front and I'm guessing Burge has worked with him before, just can't quite see how someone who struggled to get into a mid table step 5 side with no more than a few pre season goals is going to be the answer to all our problems, we need goalscorers right now.

Hopefully I will eat my words and he'll be a revelation and step up to the challenge of a jump of 2 levels.
On the face of it it's not necessarily an inspiring signing but let's not knock him until we've seen him. We have been crying out for an extra striker and it was getting to the stage where I'd have taken anyone. Now we've got one. Having been playing at Step 5 (or not) it seems like a massive opportunity for him so hopefully he reacts positively to it.
I hope that too, not trying to knock the lad himself, good luck to him, more questioning what about him has made us sign him, we didn't know much about Ty either, but he had been playing regular football and scoring goals at least.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308